Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Not at all, I follow C-USA somewhat because Marshall plays there. Not to mention the conference is becoming a feeder-school for the Big East.

I think Assembly Hall summed it up, but the best school in C-USA was an eight seed that got upset in the first round. Southern Miss made it as a 9 seed and got knocked out as well.
    Thank you!!!!!! All this conference alignment has things all jacked up. C-USA used to be a top notch conference, then all the big time schools left save Memphis.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'd take issue that the Pac-12 was better. At least this past year. And I can't ever keep straight who's who in the WAC vs Mountain West but I'll allow that they were better.
    Funny you should mention the Mountain West since they are merging with C-USA. It's the only thing worse than the mess that the Big East (of the Pacific Ocean) is becoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

What's the line for the FF?

part of BBN

Yesterday I heard UK was favored by 9.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Yesterday I heard UK was favored by 9.
    I just saw 8.5.

Seems high, but I wouldn't bet it, either way.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Off topic, but even if you don't like women's basketball, you should still check out the UK-UConn ladies tonight. This game is being played at a high level and UK is fun to watch with their style of play.

Boy no put the jinx right on that game. Yuck.

Things are heating up! This is just priceless.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ialysis-clinic

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Authorities say the Kentucky-Louisville basketball rivalry boiled over at a Kentucky dialysis clinic when one patient punched another during an argument about the teams.

Police Lt. Robert Swanigan said the altercation at the Georgetown clinic began Monday with a verbal exchange between Ed Wilson, a 68-year-old Kentucky fan, and Charles Taylor, a 71-year-old Louisville fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

In all the UK-UofL hullabaloo, I feel compelled to point out that both the mayors of Louisville and Lexington are Vanderbilt graduates.

Just sayin.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    In all the UK-UofL hullabaloo, I feel compelled to point out that both the mayors of Louisville and Lexington are Vanderbilt graduates.

Just sayin.
    LOL.......

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post

Just sayin.
    Vandy is a great school for leaders, if you want basketball look at UK or U of L.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Whew.

That's all.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I thought Kentucky looked tight, particularly Doron Lamb. The (poor) charge call(s) on Kidd-Gilchrist masked his inability to hit any shot outside of a dunk. Were I KU/OSU, I'd play off him ten feet, daring him to take 15-footers. Terrence Jones struggled offensively. Teague had as poor a second half as he did a great first half.

That said, they beat a game Louisville team by eight points because Anthony Davis is absolutely a beast. He's as close to Danny Manning (or healthy Sam Bowie) today's game has.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I thought Kentucky looked tight, particularly Doron Lamb. The (poor) charge call(s) on Kidd-Gilchrist masked his inability to hit any shot outside of a dunk. Were I KU/OSU, I'd play off him ten feet, daring him to take 15-footers. Terrence Jones struggled offensively. Teague had as poor a second half as he did a great first half.

That said, they beat a game Louisville team by eight points because Anthony Davis is absolutely a beast. He's as close to Danny Manning (or healthy Sam Bowie) today's game has.
    If I'm OSU/Kansas, I do everything you said. Davis isn't going to have another game like this against Sullinger or Withey.

That being said, I'm pulling for Kansas. Both teams can match Kentucky in the frontcourt, but Craft on Teague worries me and it could throw Kentucky's offense completely out of whack. Tyshawn Taylor is the safer bet.

(As I type this, Kansas is imploding, so it looks like the Buckeyes in another revenge game)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Anthony Davis is absolutely a beast. He's as close to Danny Manning (or healthy Sam Bowie) today's game has.

Per Chad Ford tweet:

Hakeem Olajuwan as Soph: 28 mpg, 13.9 PPG, 11.4 RPG, 175 blk. Davis as Fresh: 32 mpg, 14.4 PPG, 10.2 RPG, 175 blk.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?