Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Awesome is all I can say. I am on Vacation in the Outer Banks and this certainly made my vacation better!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I joined this site in 2005........ I have made some of my favorite wildcat friends on this board....... WOW this feels too good. I love UK.

8 National Championships
    Congrats. Well earned.

When I "committed" to Indiana, they were tied with Kentucky at 5 National Championships a piece. Since then two things have happened, 1) I've gotten old and 2) Kentucky has pulled away. Here's hoping we can narrow the gap in coming years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Congrats on the trophy again fellas. I got to tell you guys that due to rivalry issues I disdain UK. But in all honesty, I loved watching them play this year. They looked like they had been playing ball together all their lives. Not just in the tournament, but all year. Their composure, team play, and pure talent was something to behold.
    A couple of my good friends are IU fans, and we've grown a mutual respect this year. I'll be pulling for you all next year--until you meet the cats, of course.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Oh, and also...CHAMPS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was fortunate enough to be at the part on Euclid and Woodland and over on Limestone, and it was nuts. My hand's sore from high fives. I'll remember this season forever; here's to repeatin9.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    A couple of my good friends are IU fans, and we've grown a mutual respect this year. I'll be pulling for you all next year--until you meet the cats, of course.
    I hear ya man. Not only is it a good rivalry, but there was a time when both schools used it as a measuring stick to see how good they really were. You guys have had the better of it for 20 years. I look forward to seeing more games like the two we had this year. Go Big Red and dont drink too much champagne my "furry" friend!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Wildcat fans. What a truly awesome college basketball season for you guys. That team was flat-out DOMINANT. Truthfully, a part of me is relieved OSU lost to Kansas, but I feared the outcome of the finals with UK. You were clearly the best team all season in college basketball, and on behalf of Buckeye Nation, I tip my cap to you.

My dad and brother are over the moon today. Good for them and the rest of my UK fan friends.

Really liked the way those kids handled their business. Certainly one of the top ten best college teams in my memory.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Many was saying we had one of thougher regions to start with. Of course they were going by the names on the jerseys like UConn- Duke etc.
    I think UK just played at higher level and made the ISU and Baylor games look like a pushover. The way Indiana played and had been on a roll, if they had beat UK, it wouldnt have surprised me to see them win it all. Not to take anything away from the other teams remaining, but that game "could" prove to be UK's toughest in the tourney.
    I think looking back this came to be true. The IU game was toughest.
    I have really enjoyed watching this group play team ball unlike any we have seen in a long time.
    The freshmen were super and didnt play like freshmen and Miller finished off a great career that got better every year.
    Lamb was solid all season.
    Yeah Jones was inconsistent some but he played a major part of this team and really took to the defensive side of things.
    They were a very fun team to watch !

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I hear ya man. Not only is it a good rivalry, but there was a time when both schools used it as a measuring stick to see how good they really were. You guys have had the better of it for 20 years. I look forward to seeing more games like the two we had this year. Go Big Red and dont drink too much champagne my "furry" friend!!!!!!!!!
    I heard today ESPN'S early rankings for next season has IU # 1 and U of L #2. I am not sure about U of L as I dont know their recruits but IU certainly should be mentioned among top ranked teams.
    UK is # 4 but all these subject to change naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I heard today ESPN'S early rankings for next season has IU # 1 and U of L #2. I am not sure about U of L as I dont know their recruits but IU certainly should be mentioned among top ranked teams.
    UK is # 4 but all these subject to change naturally.
    I saw that on ESPN. That UK ranking is based on Lamb or Teague(or both returning. However, I did see one on CBS that had the 'Cats #1 based on everyone leaving and landing those uncommitted prized recruits.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...eload-are-no-1

They are speculating that Kentucky will land all three of Bennett, Bazz, and Noel.

IMO, it's UK, Louisville, and Indiana in any interchangeable order you want next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...eload-are-no-1

They are speculating that Kentucky will land all three of Bennett, Bazz, and Noel.

IMO, it's UK, Louisville, and Indiana in any interchangeable order you want next season.
    I am with ya..........dont know how things are gonna shake out at Florida. But if things stay the way they are I might throw them in the mix. Same thing with Michigan.

I'm going to throw this out there, but I don't want to be labled a "hater" because I ain't... Just curious of there's any smoke to this fire...

Heard from a fairly reliable source that UK has actually backed off Muhammed for several reasons, which I could get into. The one that I feel comfortable getting into in public is that the staff thinks one or two guys may come back next year and that could create a bit of a burden on the staff to get them all appropriate PT.

I know that if he wants to come to UK, they'll take him of course, but supposedly he's not priority #1 right now.

Just what I heard.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

UK will not back off Shabazz. Neither will UCLA or Duke.

Turn Off Ads?