Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    The rule as I understand it, is that a player, has until the 29th to declare, but any that have declared, have until the 10th, to pull their name out, without losing eligibility.
    In other words, if you declare after the 10th, you cannot get out.
    I think you mean if you declare after the 29th, then you can't pull your name out. If that wasn't the case, the 29th wouldn't have any significance.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I think you mean if you declare after the 29th, then you can't pull your name out. If that wasn't the case, the 29th wouldn't have any significance.
    I copied this off of CBS.........................

Stay in school or go pro? Underclassmen have until 11:59 p.m. ET on April 29 to declare for the 2012 NBA Draft. Under NCAA guidelines, players who have not previously declared and who have not hired an agent must withdraw from draft consideration by April 10 to retain their college eligibility. The NBA's deadline is 5 p.m. ET on June 18.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

AH, that was my hangup. I was reading it as you could withdraw up until May 10.

My faulty reading, not Tuff Nut's writing.

The problem for fans waiting to hear about players going or staying is that it doesn't mean they are coming back if they haven't declared by April 10.

Really I'd think they should switch those two dates but I suppose that would make it harder on those poor little college coaches.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

I heard today by a friend that Oriaki (maybe spelled wrong), tweeted after Cal visited him over weekend : Cal told him there would be 2 returning. Did anyone else see this ?
    I am assuming he is including Wiljter as one. If he really said this, my other guess would be Lamb as I have heard nothing at all on him as far as which way he may be leaning.
    Tomorrow we find out about Bazz and Noel.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I heard today by a friend that Oriaki (maybe spelled wrong), tweeted after Cal visited him over weekend : Cal told him there would be 2 returning. Did anyone else see this ?
    I am assuming he is including Wiljter as one. If he really said this, my other guess would be Lamb as I have heard nothing at all on him as far as which way he may be leaning.
    Tomorrow we find out about Bazz and Noel.
    I did not see it. But to me Wiljter is a given. I wouldnt be surprised if Lamb and Teague came back as I have seen very few projections where either would go in the 1st round. But that being said, it could change in a heart beat.......they got until the 29th.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

Teague is gone. For sure. (Friend of a friend is telling almost anyone who'll listen.) Of the ten or so mock drafts I've seen, he's been in the first round in all but one.

Lamb is almost 100% gone, IMO. He's also only missed one first round in the mock drafts I've seen.

When I read it, I thought the Kentucky staff was referring to Wiltjer and Beckham as the two kids coming back, as they're the only two scholarship players that played on last season's team. (IIRC-- I can't remember who's been offered a scholarship and who's not.) Someone told/ tweeted someone else and that gets lost in the shuffle, I think. Of course, I could be wrong-- Lamb or Jones or any one of them not named Teague may be coming back.

Quick question: If you have extra scholarships in football, you often reward a walk-on or three with free rides they weren't expecting.

Did Calipari do that last season with his walk-ons? If not, why not?
    Last edited by Scrap Irony; 04-11-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

I'm pretty sure Polson was on scholarship this past year.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

While I believe all the big names are gone (Davis, MKG etc), does anyone have any idea if there is a benefit to them not already declaring ? Just seems to me to go ahead and announce it "if" they are going which is about 99% certain.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Shabazz Muhammad to UCLA.

Nerlens Noel to announce at 8:45, its sounding like Georgetown.

If anybody is watching the Signing Day Special, they interviewed Cal and the way he phrashed it suggested that "Coming to Kentucky is not for everybody", which leads me to think UK struck out on both.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Hopefully Cal can make a strong run at Jefferson and Oriakhi.

#8 has me so not concerned, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If anybody is watching the Signing Day Special, they interviewed Cal and the way he phrashed it suggested that "Coming to Kentucky is not for everybody", which leads me to think UK struck out on both.
    I thought same thing....like he "knew" already.

Anthony Bennett also a possibility.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I thought same thing....like he "knew" already.
    The coaches already know the decisions I believe.

Noel said his mom was the deciding factor and his mom was pushing Georgetown.

Bennett is an absolute jackrabbit. Undersized but chiseled and athletic. I like him for depth and for a defensive upgrade over Wiltjer, but UK needs size under the rim.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Would have been nice to get either, but it barely knocks the wind out of any sails right now.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Teague is gone. For sure. (Friend of a friend is telling almost anyone who'll listen.) Of the ten or so mock drafts I've seen, he's been in the first round in all but one.

Lamb is almost 100% gone, IMO. He's also only missed one first round in the mock drafts I've seen.

When I read it, I thought the Kentucky staff was referring to Wiltjer and Beckham as the two kids coming back, as they're the only two scholarship players that played on last season's team. (IIRC-- I can't remember who's been offered a scholarship and who's not.) Someone told/ tweeted someone else and that gets lost in the shuffle, I think. Of course, I could be wrong-- Lamb or Jones or any one of them not named Teague may be coming back.

Quick question: If you have extra scholarships in football, you often reward a walk-on or three with free rides they weren't expecting.

Did Calipari do that last season with his walk-ons? If not, why not?
    Ouch...this deflated my hopes for who the 2 were. I figured Wiltjer was one as he clearly isnt ready but I hadnt though about him referring to Harrow with this.

Turn Off Ads?