Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wire to wire

Wire to wire

The 90 reds did it. Can the 2011 team do the same?

Yes it is only 3 games but you got to love the way the team has played so far. If the brewers really are the second best team in the division it could be a really fun season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wire to wire

I wonder what the post season sucess rate is for teams that breeze wire to wire?

How stable is this new enthusiasm? If the Reds get swept by the Astros are be back to firesale discussions?

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    How stable is this new enthusiasm? If the Reds get swept by the Astros are be back to firesale discussions?
    Who was talking about a firesale?

Quote Originally Posted by Parliament View Post
    Who was talking about a firesale?
    For 10 years that's all we've talked about haha. I think he was being sarcastic (sorry if I'm misinterpreting it) about how fickle Reds fans have become due to the lack of a competitive team for the last decade.
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    For 10 years that's all we've talked about haha. I think he was being sarcastic (sorry if I'm misinterpreting it) about how fickle Reds fans have become due to the lack of a competitive team for the last decade.
    Ok, I understand that but even if the reds get swept by the 'stros (not bloody likely) I will still be behind this team 100%. Too much talent IMO

Ok, I understand that but even if the reds get swept by the 'stros (not bloody likely) I will still be behind this team 100%. Too much talent IMO
    As would MOST of us on here, but there's always some chicken littles who think the sky's falling everytime we lose a series haha
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    I wonder what the post season sucess rate is for teams that breeze wire to wire?
    OK, I do not think the Reds are going to do this, BUT I had visions of the 2001 Seattle Mariners watching them over the weekend. A team that went 116-46 in the regular season, and got dominated by the Yankees in the ALCS. Not sure whether to or :thumbdown that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonFlyer View Post
    OK, I do not think the Reds are going to do this, BUT I had visions of the 2001 Seattle Mariners watching them over the weekend. A team that went 116-46 in the regular season, and got dominated by the Yankees in the ALCS. Not sure whether to or :thumbdown that idea.
    That seattle team was one of the best I've ever seen. Edgar Martinez was mashing along with great pitching from Pineiro, Garcia and Moyer. Still shocked they didn't win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    That about sums it up. I love the fast start, but I also know some bad games and bad series are also in the future. I also hope Reds fans can enjoy their team winning and not take it for granted. Its much more fun that way.

That about sums it up. I love the fast start, but I also know some bad games and bad series are also in the future. I also hope Reds fans can enjoy their team winning and not take it for granted. Its much more fun that way.
    I not only like this team for their talent, but they have a bunch a great people on this team as well. Everyone plays hard and seems to really care about winning. I look forward to watching this team grow over the next few years. Then replace talent with talent from the farm team. The way they did in the 70s.

Its so much more fun going to the ballpark with the expectation of winning instead of just a hope

How stable is this new enthusiasm? If the Reds get swept by the Astros are we be back to firesale discussions?
    LOL, that is the way it has always been here. When I see those, I just grin and move on to the next post and/or thread.

It's a loooonnnnnggg season.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

The 90 reds did it. Can the 2011 team do the same?

Yes it is only 3 games but you got to love the way the team has played so far. If the brewers really are the second best team in the division it could be a really fun season.
    Did you see the guys on the post game on Sunday behind Jim Day on the Third Base Concourse chanting "Wire to Wire?" It was pretty cool.

I don't like the wire to wire chances of post season sucess...it seems like the teams that make that Sept. surge and pull ahead on the last weekend roll into the WS on a "high".

Nobody thought the Giants would go to the big game last year, and WIN it! My $ was on the Phils. It's all very confusing. I gotta think about it some more.

Turn Off Ads?