Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MLB to take control of Dodgers

Re: MLB to take control of Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Lets just go off of what happened opening day in LA and how long it took HIM to respond to it, his pathetic response and such to a FAN being almost KILLED at HIS stadium. That issue alone gets him "idiot" status. Outside of that, there is...

1. Having Joe Torre leave your organization because of how screwed up it is shows he is an idiot

2. Lying to MLB about his finacial status (which has been proven in court) shows what an idiot he is..

3. The "mess" his divorce has become is more proof....

See what I mean???

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    See what I mean???
    So you are okay with the owner of the Dodgers saying it was basically the Giants fan's fault that he was attacked and beaten and only made those comments like 4-5 days after the event occured?

You are okay with him lying to MLB about his finacial status?

You are okay with him playing out his divorce in public?

these are all signs of an idiot...you don't see that?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    So you are okay with the owner of the Dodgers saying it was basically the Giants fan's fault that he was attacked and beaten and only made those comments like 4-5 days after the event occured?

You are okay with him lying to MLB about his finacial status?

You are okay with him playing out his divorce in public?

these are all signs of an idiot...you don't see that?
    I see 1 sign of one.

I see 1 sign of one.
    okay which one and why don't you think the others qualify?

It's just like when Baseball took over the Motreal Expos before they move rostersd to Washington.

The Expos did not offer All-Star OF Vladamir Guerrero Arbitration so they didn't get Draft Picks.

EXAMPLE 1A of the Conflict of Interest!
    Yup.

Remember when the Expos were in contention virtually the entire '03 season, which, of course, was Guerrero's final go-round in Montreal, which prevented the Expos from trading him mid-season. They eventually faded largely due to lack of depth.

Here's the kicker: MLB refused to allow September call-ups/expanded roster for the Expos due to "payroll constraints"

Talk about a conflict of interest.

That stated, I don't envision the Dodgers operating with such constraints.
    There will be no shortage of potential owners for the franchise, as well.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 04-21-2011 at 08:43 PM.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Yup.

Remember when the Expos were in contention virtually the entire '03 season, which, of course, was Guerrero's final go-round in Montreal, which prevented the Expos from trading him mid-season. They eventually faded largely due to lack of depth.

Here's the kicker: MLB refused to allow September call-ups/expanded roster for the Expos due to "payroll constraints"

Talk about a conflict of interest.

That stated, I don't envision the Dodgers operating with such constraints.
    There will be no shortage of potential owners for the franchise, as well.
    I agree with your last Statement but... With Fox having to loan McCourt 30 Million in April this Month to make Payroll...

I can see the Dodgers Trading away salaries...

I'd like to be on the Kemp/Broxton train and bring them guys to town...

Turn Off Ads?