Turn Off Ads?

Thread: First Place never felt so good.

First Place never felt so good.

Losers of however many this last week, and we're in First Place.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: First Place never felt so good.

yay

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

It'll feel better come October

Hopefully, the boys wake up and STAY where they are... I'm paying attention to tomorrows game, then turning off RedZone, Gameday AND Extra Innings for the weekend. I can't stand to see them play like this against the Cardinals.

And given that saturday is the 3 week mark of my mom's unexpected and sudden passing, I can burst into unreasonable tears and guilt the guys at work into leaving me alone, for this weekend only.

I Love Birds

First place never felt so good? Not even on the last day of the season last year?
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

I Love Birds

Don't look now but we now have a 4 way tie for first in the NL Central....Reds, Cubs, Brewers and Cardinals.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

I'd actually say this is probably about the worst that first place can feel. You may want to hold onto that feeling, because if they keep playing like this it'll be awhile before theyre back.

I've gotta keep telling myself. It is April 21..

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    I've gotta keep telling myself. It is April 21..
    It's not like saying, "The Bengals are in first place in the 2011 NFL season. It's a 4-way tie with an even number of wins and losses just like the REDS." Whoo-hoo!

We know where the Bengals will end up. That's not where the REDS will end up.

Turn Off Ads?