Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blaine Gabbert

Re: Blaine Gabbert

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Facts I am well aware of. Like I said, what am I missing?
    Well I think it is a question that has a multifaceted answer. Mostly his supporting cast wasn't doing a whole lot after the catch in an offense that requires it. His prior season looked much better with guys more adept at making plays after the catch.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    King knows his Bengals stuff, he is just another guy that doesn't like how they do business. Same can be said about Esiason, Collinsworth, Thornton, etc, etc, etc.....

Dave Lapham occasionally lets it fly on the Bengals as well. These guys have every right to be angry at them.
    I've never known Mike Brown to be enamored with 6'2" QBs. We'll find out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I've never known Mike Brown to be enamored with 6'2" QBs. We'll find out next week.
    No one said that Mike Brown wants a 6'2" QB, only that the Grudens think he can play, and the Bengals have apparently scouted him very hard. We will find out Thursday. I don't like Dalton very much, but I don't get to make those calls.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

The more I think about it, the more I hope the Bengals take AJ Green in the first round and just pass on a QB altogether.

The T-Ocho show is likely gone, and we already have two other offensive weapons in Jordan Shipley and Jermaine Gresham. Add in the fact that we are going to likely be horrible the next two to three seasons it would make more sense to take an AJ Green and maybe a Mikel LeShore in the second round.

Let Jordan Palmer play this season coming up or whoever they sign as a FA (assuming there is a season) and take your chances on landing the number one overall pick in 2012. I like the prospects of Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley (who I think could be the no 1 overall pick over Luck) better than Blaine Gabbert or Cam Newton.

What scares me though is that I think Mike Brown would trade a first round pick in next years draft to the Patriots to move into the back of the first round to take Andy Dalton.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Question:

Say the whole season is locked out..... what is the draft order for following season?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Question:

Say the whole season is locked out..... what is the draft order for following season?
    How could it not be the same? Intriguing point.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

True... but at the same time, you would be rewarded with 2 #1 picks for one season as the worst team. Do you think they would do a lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Question:

This question was answered in a column for one of the national draft guys. They would have a weighted lottery. For example, the Panthers would have a much better shot of getting the first pick than the Packers.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    This question was answered in a column for one of the national draft guys. They would have a weighted lottery. For example, the Panthers would have a much better shot of getting the first pick than the Packers.
    ugg... I certainly hope not. We have all seen the corruption of the draft lottery in the NBA and the NHL first hand. The NHL especially has a corrupt process.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    We'll see if you're right. If they end up with Dalton, we heard it here first. I heard you. I just think you're wrong that's all. But if Dalton's wearing Bengal stripes this year I'll give you kudos. I always do
    Kudos, Puffy. Great call. Can't wait for all these batted down passes. As for me ...

Let me tell you, Jacksonville could not be happier to have snagged Gabbert with the number 10 picked.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Let me tell you, Jacksonville could not be happier to have snagged Gabbert with the number 10 picked.
    I hope he works out for ya Jax but from what I seen his only real weakness is he may be a bit tight in the rear end. Watching just youtube footage I see him start scrambling as if there is a rush even when no one has penetrated the line. He is clearly watching the rush and taking off when there is no threat, even though it may be imminent a good QB will usually step up in the pocket and keep his eyes down field. If he had Jake Lockers courage he would be a complete beast.

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I hope he works out for ya Jax but from what I seen his only real weakness is he may be a bit tight in the rear end. Watching just youtube footage I see him start scrambling as if there is a rush even when no one has penetrated the line. He is clearly watching the rush and taking off when there is no threat, even though it may be imminent a good QB will usually step up in the pocket and keep his eyes down field. If he had Jake Lockers courage he would be a complete beast.
    One of my friends said this about Gabbert. I watched Missouri beat a good Oklahoma team and didn't seem to remember anything that Gabbert did. Gabbert is someone who seemed to come out of nowhere. He was a guy who really didn't do anything remarkable at Missouri and all of a sudden he is the #1 QB in this draft.

As a Bengals fan I am glad they passed on him. Coming from a spread offense it will take him some time to adjust to the NFL game. He may be in the right situation sitting behind Gerrard for a season or two.

Turn Off Ads?