Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

Thread: Playstation Network Down!

  1. #1
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,078

    Playstation Network Down!

    How frustrated am I to find out this may not be resolved for 24-48 hours
    "I could watch video of Griffey swinging all day. It's like baseball porn." - C. Trent Rosecrans


    2008 Reds Record When I Attend: 9W - 5L

    2009 Reds Record When I Attend: 1W - 2L

    2010 Reds Record When I Attend: 1W - 0L

    2011 Reds Record When I Attend: 0W - 1L

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,045

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    If you need consoling, try here:

    http://firstworldprobs.com/







    (sarcasm intended for non-mockery comedic purposes only)
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    Does this mean no MLB.tv through the PS3?!?

  5. #4
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Does this mean no MLB.tv through the PS3?!?
    Netflix works still.. so my guess is yes..

    Paintmered: I really haven't played in a while and I have/had a 4th day weekend and was going to try out MLB The Show and Killzone 3
    "I could watch video of Griffey swinging all day. It's like baseball porn." - C. Trent Rosecrans


    2008 Reds Record When I Attend: 9W - 5L

    2009 Reds Record When I Attend: 1W - 2L

    2010 Reds Record When I Attend: 1W - 0L

    2011 Reds Record When I Attend: 0W - 1L

  6. #5
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,312

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    I was kinda upset by this yesterday too. I had just fixed my PS3 and was going to play online for the first time in 2 months.

    Oh what was wrong with it? Glad you asked.

    My 2 and half year old son had shoved a penny, a dime and the battery cover to the PS3 Blu ray remote into the slot of the Blu ray drive.

    I've opened up the PS3 before but I've heard some rough stories about going into the blu ray drive, so I had been putting it off. But very carefully went in and removed the contraband. Put it back together, put in a game and everything seems normal. Guess I got kinda lucky.

  7. #6
    Member hebroncougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    Is it back up for anyone? Mine is down now.

  8. #7
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,668

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    I'm an old fart, not a "gamer", but my 22 yr old had a panic attack when they went down, and (sorry) I'm just shaking my head and laughing my butt off. You'd think it was the end of the world!

    I had to tie my son down to the bed because he was going through withdrawals. LOL
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SAN DIEGO, CA
    Posts
    22

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    They finally reported it being due from an outside source. They really should roll back to just letting us run Linux or this is going to keep happening. Mlb.com was originally reported not to work but so was netflix. Was really wanting to try mortal kombat.

    Add me if you're a reds fan!
    Secretlover

  10. #9
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,642

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    UPDATE:

    XBL still running fine.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  11. #10
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    There will be no Easter online gaming for PS3 users.. As we have entered day 5 of the outage Playstation has been just about non exsistant in getting any communication out there but have issued that they will be running a promotion when the network re-opens.

    15 months of Playstation Plus for the price of 12 months - $49.99

    In my own words.. Big Whoop. Give everyone a taste of those 3 months for Free and then let them decide if they want to buy the other 12. I've owned a Playstation from day 1, then bought the PS2 when it came out, then sold if for the Slim PS2 when that was released. When the Playstation 3 was released I waited a month and then bought one still with the Talladega Nights Blu-Ray and loved it because it played the original PS1 and PS2 games. Heard about the Yellow/Red light of death effecting the Big PS3s and sold my 60GB for the new slimmer 120GB. I've been with Sony gaming from the beginning and I know I'm not the only one. Where's my kick back for being loyal?

    Never once have I thought of severing ties and joining the xBox community until recently...
    "I could watch video of Griffey swinging all day. It's like baseball porn." - C. Trent Rosecrans


    2008 Reds Record When I Attend: 9W - 5L

    2009 Reds Record When I Attend: 1W - 2L

    2010 Reds Record When I Attend: 1W - 0L

    2011 Reds Record When I Attend: 0W - 1L

  12. #11
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,328

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    There will be no Easter online gaming for PS3 users.. As we have entered day 5 of the outage Playstation has been just about non exsistant in getting any communication out there but have issued that they will be running a promotion when the network re-opens.

    15 months of Playstation Plus for the price of 12 months - $49.99

    In my own words.. Big Whoop. Give everyone a taste of those 3 months for Free and then let them decide if they want to buy the other 12. I've owned a Playstation from day 1, then bought the PS2 when it came out, then sold if for the Slim PS2 when that was released. When the Playstation 3 was released I waited a month and then bought one still with the Talladega Nights Blu-Ray and loved it because it played the original PS1 and PS2 games. Heard about the Yellow/Red light of death effecting the Big PS3s and sold my 60GB for the new slimmer 120GB. I've been with Sony gaming from the beginning and I know I'm not the only one. Where's my kick back for being loyal?

    Never once have I thought of severing ties and joining the xBox community until recently...
    How about working systems throughout that entire time? Don't take this the wrong way.... but why do they OWE you something other than what was promised in your original purchase (warranty)?

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SAN DIEGO, CA
    Posts
    22

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    Reported to be another 3-5 days.

  14. #13
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    How about working systems throughout that entire time? Don't take this the wrong way.... but why do they OWE you something other than what was promised in your original purchase (warranty)?
    What am I owed? I have been loyal to the company.. bought original Playstation in 1994 and have been buying ever since. I've purchased games, accessories, and consols all contributing to their dominance at the top of the gaming market. I am simply asking for something.. doesn't have to be of value but was using the Playstation Plus offer as an example because that is the promo they are running. I'd really prefer a e-mail to my account e-mail address stating what happened and when it will be up and running again. Not have to go to there webpage every other day to find out if the status has changed. I pay for Road Runner Turbo because I want to game online.. Playstation Network isn't fully Free. xBox user can mod their system.. Sony doesn't allow it and infact ban those who do so thats an added benifit for xBox owners. Which in my opinion out rates the fact that they have to pay to use the online portion of the game. All you'd have to do is use Gamefly and burn the game to your console and you aren't paying full price for games. Just saying. Regardless I feel Sony has handled this in a piss-pour manner and should own up to it. Talk to the people who stand by your product and asure them that they are going to take care of the issue. Don't take the easy route and post an update every 2nd or 3rd day.
    "I could watch video of Griffey swinging all day. It's like baseball porn." - C. Trent Rosecrans


    2008 Reds Record When I Attend: 9W - 5L

    2009 Reds Record When I Attend: 1W - 2L

    2010 Reds Record When I Attend: 1W - 0L

    2011 Reds Record When I Attend: 0W - 1L

  15. #14
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,642

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    xBox user can mod their system.. Sony doesn't allow it and infact ban those who do so thats an added benifit for xBox owners.
    Don't know where you're getting this from -- Microsoft has been banning people with modded Xbox consoles from XBL for several years now.

    As for the PSN situation, it's entirely Sony's own doing. They decided to attack the hacker community head-on without bracing for the inevitable backlash.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  16. #15
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,328

    Re: Playstation Network Down!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    What am I owed? I have been loyal to the company.. bought original Playstation in 1994 and have been buying ever since. I've purchased games, accessories, and consols all contributing to their dominance at the top of the gaming market. I am simply asking for something.. doesn't have to be of value but was using the Playstation Plus offer as an example because that is the promo they are running. I'd really prefer a e-mail to my account e-mail address stating what happened and when it will be up and running again. Not have to go to there webpage every other day to find out if the status has changed. I pay for Road Runner Turbo because I want to game online.. Playstation Network isn't fully Free. xBox user can mod their system.. Sony doesn't allow it and infact ban those who do so thats an added benifit for xBox owners. Which in my opinion out rates the fact that they have to pay to use the online portion of the game. All you'd have to do is use Gamefly and burn the game to your console and you aren't paying full price for games. Just saying. Regardless I feel Sony has handled this in a piss-pour manner and should own up to it. Talk to the people who stand by your product and asure them that they are going to take care of the issue. Don't take the easy route and post an update every 2nd or 3rd day.
    I still don't see your point. You keep buying their products because they are awesome. That is what they owe you, to keep puting good products out on the market. And they have.

    As for your xbox comments, they are very incorrect. You can burn a game to your hard drive all you want, but you still need the disc in the system to play it. XBL bans hacked systems all the time.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25