Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Network Down!

Re: Playstation Network Down!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    According to them... Early in April the same thing happened to Best Buy rewards program, though just had like e-mail info and probably my general personal info.
    Same thing happened to Chase customers too. Epsilon had someone outside their control gain access to personal e-mail addresses.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Is it back up?
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

No, it isn't back up. Should be sometime this week according to Sony. Everyone will get a free month of ps+.

We should get more than a month! lol

a month is a joke. everyone should get 6 months to a year with the data compromise. i know at least 1 class action suit is in the works.

I'm not sure we deserve much. Unless a plus user, we don't pay and you run a risk no matter what when putting our info out there. They handled it wrong though, so I will appreciate the month.

I haven't verified but I also read somewhere we will get some free downloads. Don't know if that means plus downloads or something extra.

I've been constantly running Google searches at work for "Playstation network" at most recent so it constantly updates. Apparently, a lot of people think this is why we finally killed Osama....

Ok, now I believe we are entitled to more....

http://apps.facebook.com/upitone/?co...&news_id=79362

[By , 12:07:31 on Thursday, May 5, 2011 - 1 person is following GamePro

Congress heard this morning that Sony was using outdated software on its servers for months prior to the recent PSN hacks.
    Speaking to the House Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing and Trade yesterday, Dr. Gene Spafford of Purdue University said that Sony had been using outdated software on its servers for months, and that nothing had been done about it.
    Spafford claimed that security experts had spotted Sony was using outdated versions of the Apache Web server software and had no firewall installed. The issue was apparently "reported in an open forum monitored by Sony employees" some two to three months before the recent breaches.
    Full details on yesterday's hearing, including Spafford's testimony, can be found here. Sony declined to testify at the hearing, causing the Subcommittee's chairperson Mary Bono Mack to bring forward the deadline for Kaz Hirai to answer her burning questions to today.

Wow what a farce....

a complete and utter joke...

I thought Sony was on the cutting edge of technology? Maybe this will prompt them to improve their online experience.

As an Xbox Live Gold and Sony Plus member, Microsoft blows Sony away when it comes to online experience and content.

You know you can't even have party chat on PS3 without everyone going into a dedicated room (i.e. can't play diff. games while chatting with friends)? Woefully antiquated.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    As an Xbox Live Gold and Sony Plus member, Microsoft blows Sony away when it comes to online experience and content.

You know you can't even have party chat on PS3 without everyone going into a dedicated room (i.e. can't play diff. games while chatting with friends)? Woefully antiquated.
    Agreed.

My roommate has Sony Plus, and I'm glad I didn't add it to my PS3. Everything about the online experience is better on XBL. I don't even bother with most multiplayer games on PS3 if they're also available for the 360.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

They are adding the party chat soon after or with the PSN being brought up.

I choose the PS3 because its for me. I agree the XBOX has its advantages and am not a fanboy. The PS3 would blow the xbox away if it wasn't for the multiplatform games. So many games are dumbed down so they can be easily ported over to xbox. I also hate that xbox charges for so many things that come with the purchase of a ps3. I would love to have them both but cannot justify it as of now.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

This is annoying me. It cost me most of my free month of MLB.tv, and my Netflix hasn't worked in the month that this has been down. I think it's really a crappy move that they offer nothing in the way of re-imbursement to their customers that the experience has been detracted from; because it's an 'added service anyways'. PS3 is a joke
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    This is annoying me. It cost me most of my free month of MLB.tv, and my Netflix hasn't worked in the month that this has been down. I think it's really a crappy move that they offer nothing in the way of re-imbursement to their customers that the experience has been detracted from; because it's an 'added service anyways'. PS3 is a joke
    I've had problems with consoles from both M$ and Sony. Microsoft treated me well, Sony basically said "deal with it." When it came time to buy a replacement console, guess which way I went? Sony has woefully inept customer service and PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    I don't know why, but my Netflix is still working. I have to try to login a couple of times, and go back and eventually it just lets me into the queue (never actually finishes the login process). Which is pretty lucky, because we'd have serious problems if we didn't have access to Thomas the Train around here.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

So still no word on a date it will be back up? im about convert over to xbox.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juvey21 View Post
    So still no word on a date it will be back up? im about convert over to xbox.
    According to a report by Bloomberg news, they're targeting May 31st as the date to re-launch PSN w/ improved security protocols:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...n-restart.html
    The company is in the process of adopting an improved security system and its plan to restart the services fully by May 31 is unchanged, he said. Sony shut down the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services April 20 because of possible data theft by hackers.
    So, roughly 3 more weeks of downtime.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?