Thread: Playstation Network Down!

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Playstation Network Down!

How frustrated am I to find out this may not be resolved for 24-48 hours

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Playstation Network Down!

If you need consoling, try here:

http://firstworldprobs.com/

(sarcasm intended for non-mockery comedic purposes only)
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Does this mean no MLB.tv through the PS3?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Does this mean no MLB.tv through the PS3?!?
    Netflix works still.. so my guess is yes..

Paintmered: I really haven't played in a while and I have/had a 4th day weekend and was going to try out MLB The Show and Killzone 3

I was kinda upset by this yesterday too. I had just fixed my PS3 and was going to play online for the first time in 2 months.

Oh what was wrong with it? Glad you asked.

My 2 and half year old son had shoved a penny, a dime and the battery cover to the PS3 Blu ray remote into the slot of the Blu ray drive.

I've opened up the PS3 before but I've heard some rough stories about going into the blu ray drive, so I had been putting it off. But very carefully went in and removed the contraband. Put it back together, put in a game and everything seems normal. Guess I got kinda lucky.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Is it back up for anyone? Mine is down now.

I'm an old fart, not a "gamer", but my 22 yr old had a panic attack when they went down, and (sorry) I'm just shaking my head and laughing my butt off. You'd think it was the end of the world!

I had to tie my son down to the bed because he was going through withdrawals. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

They finally reported it being due from an outside source. They really should roll back to just letting us run Linux or this is going to keep happening. Mlb.com was originally reported not to work but so was netflix. Was really wanting to try mortal kombat.

Add me if you're a reds fan!
    Secretlover

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

UPDATE:

XBL still running fine.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

There will be no Easter online gaming for PS3 users.. As we have entered day 5 of the outage Playstation has been just about non exsistant in getting any communication out there but have issued that they will be running a promotion when the network re-opens.

15 months of Playstation Plus for the price of 12 months - $49.99

In my own words.. Big Whoop. Give everyone a taste of those 3 months for Free and then let them decide if they want to buy the other 12. I've owned a Playstation from day 1, then bought the PS2 when it came out, then sold if for the Slim PS2 when that was released. When the Playstation 3 was released I waited a month and then bought one still with the Talladega Nights Blu-Ray and loved it because it played the original PS1 and PS2 games. Heard about the Yellow/Red light of death effecting the Big PS3s and sold my 60GB for the new slimmer 120GB. I've been with Sony gaming from the beginning and I know I'm not the only one. Where's my kick back for being loyal?

Never once have I thought of severing ties and joining the xBox community until recently...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    There will be no Easter online gaming for PS3 users.. As we have entered day 5 of the outage Playstation has been just about non exsistant in getting any communication out there but have issued that they will be running a promotion when the network re-opens.

15 months of Playstation Plus for the price of 12 months - $49.99

In my own words.. Big Whoop. Give everyone a taste of those 3 months for Free and then let them decide if they want to buy the other 12. I've owned a Playstation from day 1, then bought the PS2 when it came out, then sold if for the Slim PS2 when that was released. When the Playstation 3 was released I waited a month and then bought one still with the Talladega Nights Blu-Ray and loved it because it played the original PS1 and PS2 games. Heard about the Yellow/Red light of death effecting the Big PS3s and sold my 60GB for the new slimmer 120GB. I've been with Sony gaming from the beginning and I know I'm not the only one. Where's my kick back for being loyal?

Never once have I thought of severing ties and joining the xBox community until recently...
    How about working systems throughout that entire time? Don't take this the wrong way.... but why do they OWE you something other than what was promised in your original purchase (warranty)?

Reported to be another 3-5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    How about working systems throughout that entire time? Don't take this the wrong way.... but why do they OWE you something other than what was promised in your original purchase (warranty)?
    What am I owed? I have been loyal to the company.. bought original Playstation in 1994 and have been buying ever since. I've purchased games, accessories, and consols all contributing to their dominance at the top of the gaming market. I am simply asking for something.. doesn't have to be of value but was using the Playstation Plus offer as an example because that is the promo they are running. I'd really prefer a e-mail to my account e-mail address stating what happened and when it will be up and running again. Not have to go to there webpage every other day to find out if the status has changed. I pay for Road Runner Turbo because I want to game online.. Playstation Network isn't fully Free. xBox user can mod their system.. Sony doesn't allow it and infact ban those who do so thats an added benifit for xBox owners. Which in my opinion out rates the fact that they have to pay to use the online portion of the game. All you'd have to do is use Gamefly and burn the game to your console and you aren't paying full price for games. Just saying. Regardless I feel Sony has handled this in a piss-pour manner and should own up to it. Talk to the people who stand by your product and asure them that they are going to take care of the issue. Don't take the easy route and post an update every 2nd or 3rd day.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

xBox user can mod their system.. Sony doesn't allow it and infact ban those who do so thats an added benifit for xBox owners.
    Don't know where you're getting this from -- Microsoft has been banning people with modded Xbox consoles from XBL for several years now.

As for the PSN situation, it's entirely Sony's own doing. They decided to attack the hacker community head-on without bracing for the inevitable backlash.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

What am I owed? I have been loyal to the company.. bought original Playstation in 1994 and have been buying ever since. I've purchased games, accessories, and consols all contributing to their dominance at the top of the gaming market. I am simply asking for something.. doesn't have to be of value but was using the Playstation Plus offer as an example because that is the promo they are running. I'd really prefer a e-mail to my account e-mail address stating what happened and when it will be up and running again. Not have to go to there webpage every other day to find out if the status has changed. I pay for Road Runner Turbo because I want to game online.. Playstation Network isn't fully Free. xBox user can mod their system.. Sony doesn't allow it and infact ban those who do so thats an added benifit for xBox owners. Which in my opinion out rates the fact that they have to pay to use the online portion of the game. All you'd have to do is use Gamefly and burn the game to your console and you aren't paying full price for games. Just saying. Regardless I feel Sony has handled this in a piss-pour manner and should own up to it. Talk to the people who stand by your product and asure them that they are going to take care of the issue. Don't take the easy route and post an update every 2nd or 3rd day.
    I still don't see your point. You keep buying their products because they are awesome. That is what they owe you, to keep puting good products out on the market. And they have.

As for your xbox comments, they are very incorrect. You can burn a game to your hard drive all you want, but you still need the disc in the system to play it. XBL bans hacked systems all the time.

Turn Off Ads?