Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Network Down!

Re: Playstation Network Down!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    This is annoying me. It cost me most of my free month of MLB.tv, and my Netflix hasn't worked in the month that this has been down. I think it's really a crappy move that they offer nothing in the way of re-imbursement to their customers that the experience has been detracted from; because it's an 'added service anyways'. PS3 is a joke
    I read somewhere that you just have to keep trying to log in to Netflix. I got it to work the other day despite being unable to access PSN.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I read somewhere that you just have to keep trying to log in to Netflix. I got it to work the other day despite being unable to access PSN.
    That's true. I still use netflix on my PS3 nearly everyday.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I think I see Bill Gates on the grassy knoll...

Timed with exclusive CoD 360 DLC.

Follow the money. Who is bankrolling these hackers?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

This really hasn't changed how I use my PS3 for the most part. I never played games online much except for Call of Duty, and I never really got into Black Ops much anyway. I play offline most of the time.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

If this outage isn't changing how you use your PS3, it means Sony is failing.

I wonder if this will completely kill DC Universe Online.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    If this outage isn't changing how you use your PS3, it means Sony is failing.

I wonder if this will completely kill DC Universe Online.
    I just never used a lot of the online features much. I play the single player campaigns in games and I watch a lot of Blu Rays on it. I was playing online occasionally, but most of my game playing is offline.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I ended up selling my PS3 and buying an xBox 360. There have been sales/deals on xBox's for the past two weeks and deprtment stores offering $50 gift card back on any purcharce of the console. I ended up going to Toys R Us and ended up getting 4GB Console & Black Ops for $200 plus tax while getting a $50 gift card in return.

Portal 2 was the first game I've played since Fallout 3. Kids will do that to you. So basically, the outage definitely hasn't changed how I use my PS3, it's primarily our blu-ray/Netflix player.

I actually have an xbox360 that I've barely ever used. I should probably sell it.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Ok, so I can access Netflix through one PS3 but not the other.

Bedroom (older PS3) when I try to access Netflix I get the PS network login thing that already has my password, etc saved so I hit the "x" button and it comes back and says that the PS network is under maintenance....blah blah blah. So I hit the back (circle) button and all the while Netflix is still in the background loading. I get the prompt again and hit enter (again) and get the maintenance notice (again) but usually by the 2nd time thru, Netflix is loaded and then I can just watch whatever I want.

Same process with the other PS3 in the basement, HOWEVER, once I get through to Netflix and choose something, I'm asked for my PS network info again. I hit enter, but it tells me I can't watch what I've selected because the network is under maintenance.

So why would one PS3 (in the same house) be different than the other?

Pissing me off.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

From the "Well, that didn't take long," department:

According to reports on Nyleveia.com, Eurogamer, and NeoGAF, Sony's PlayStation Network password reset system-the one just put in place after the PSN hack-has been compromised, allowing hackers to change a PSN password if they know your email and date of birth. Exactly the sort of information that was released in the original hack.

Sony has taken the password reset system offline.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Sony investigating another hack

Sony is investigating another hacking attack on one of its websites.

A group called Lulz Security claims to have broken into Sonypictures.com and accessed details of a million users.

Passwords, home addresses and other personal information relating to several thousand of the accounts was released online.

It is the third major hack to hit Sony since April when the PlayStation Network was targeted and the details of 77 million users compromised.

Rest of story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13636704

So I don't know much about any of the 5 games offered for free. I've played infamous a little. Are they any good? Anyone got an opinion on which two to download?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    So I don't know much about any of the 5 games offered for free. I've played infamous a little. Are they any good? Anyone got an opinion on which two to download?
    I was wondering the same thing I have infamous and play it a fair amount but the other games listed i have no clue about.

Here is a decent guide to the free games.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172751p1.html
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Be very careful downloading!!!

This is how it works:

Step#1 - Go to the PS Store. There you will find a a bar on the left of the screen saying "Welcome Back" click on it.

Step #2 - In the large box on the left there is a rotating message one is "Pick 2 free games" the other is Playstation Plus 30 days free. On the right are several boxes 1 for PS Plus, 1 for Free PS3 game #1, etc. Click on Free PS3 game 1 and another screen will come up they will vary just a bit as they have a few options on the lower left side. Click Get Now and then follow the directions from there to the tee. Basically you back out using the O button go to the available games to download and then download the one you want. But here is where it can get a little tricky, once you have started this download you are supposed to again follow these instructions to do game #2 but somehow I managed to hit the O button one too many times once I got the ok to go download game #2 and I wasn't able to access the area for the free games again. So I fiddled around as much as I could and decided to just do a simple search for the other game I wanted and download it from there. But once I found the game this way it wasn't the free offered full game version but a pay version of the same game. So being a bonehead I figured well since I have no funds in the PS account and I have already downloaded this voucher (I call it) that perhaps the system will recognize it and bill it 0.00 accordingly even though the price of 14.99 was showing on screen, wrong. It forcably took funds from my card on file which I now have to call Sony to get them to re-imburse me.

Just be careful. BTW I think I am Settling on iNFAMOUS and Dead Nation.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 06-10-2011 at 05:16 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?