Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Carlos Fisher up, Matt Maloney down

Carlos Fisher up, Matt Maloney down

Fay spotted him in the clubhouse. Don't know who's leaving yet.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Carlos Fisher up

Gotta be Maloney.

No other options?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    No other options?
    sink or swim time for Carlos. Third year up at least. No reason to keep carrying him on the 40 man if he can't hack it.

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed View Post
    sink or swim time for Carlos. Third year up at least. No reason to keep carrying him on the 40 man if he can't hack it.
    I've been one of Fishers buggest fans since I noticed him in A Ball, but I agree completely. Guys like Gil, Carroll and of course Willis are in line for a look if one is needed and 40 man spots are scarce. I think Carlos will still end-up as a decent middle relief option in the major leagues for a few seasons, but time is running out in Cincy.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Fay spotted him in the clubhouse. Don't know who's leaving yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Gotta be Maloney.
    Probably Maloney. Possibly Smith, though I would be surprised at that, since he has pitched well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    No other options?
    This is a short-time move, until either Cueto or Bailey is ready, or the ten-day period expires and Maloney (or whoever) can be brought back.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Maloney was sent down per the Reds twitter page.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Probably Maloney. Possibly Smith, though I would be surprised at that, since he has pitched well.

This is a short-time move, until either Cueto or Bailey is ready, or the ten-day period expires and Maloney (or whoever) can be brought back.
    I'm guessing that Arredondo will be the first guy back.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'm guessing that Arredondo will be the first guy back.
    I wasn't sure how close he was to being ready, but yeah, he would definitely figure into the mix for the spot once he's good to go.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I wasn't sure how close he was to being ready, but yeah, he would definitely figure into the mix for the spot once he's good to go.
    Arredondo is on day 12 of a 30 day rehab. He's appeared in 5 games and no back to backs yet. It will probably be close. Fisher has 15 days to elbow his way into the picture IMO. The Reds may be forced to turn to Willis before any of them are ready.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Re: Carlos Fisher up, Matt Maloney down

I'm guessing it's Fischer because he's already on the 40-man roster. He hasn't really pitched well in Louisville this year. Are they planning on releasing him to clear a spot on the 40-man when the first rehabber is ready? Are they thinking of clearing a spot for Willis? Sappelt? Mesoraco? Cochrane? Maybe it's just me reading too much into it...
    Last edited by WebScorpion; 04-24-2011 at 03:11 AM.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Standing O. I'm still not sure if Carlos Fisher is an MLB-caliber pitcher (although I think he is). But I am sure that Matt Maloney is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Standing O. I'm still not sure if Carlos Fisher is an MLB-caliber pitcher (although I think he is). But I am sure that Matt Maloney is not.
    I'm not sure that Maloney is not a major leaguer, but I do think his max is as a fringe guy to provide innings at the back of a rotation when necessary. I see him having a career along the lines of Dustin Mosely. 6 or 7 years ago that would have made him the Red's ace, but now there are plenty of better internal options and younger guys who probably pass him by before the end of the year. He may still be a token arm to throw into a deal for something. I hope he gets in a groove at AAA and is pitching well as the dealine approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    I'm guessing it's Fischer because he's already on the 40-man roster. He hasn't really pitched well in Louisville this year. Are they planning on releasing him to clear a spot on the 40-man when the first rehabber is ready? Are they thinking of clearing a spot for Willis? Sappelt? Mesoraco? Cochrane? Maybe it's just me reading too much into it...
    It came down to Fisher and Herrera, and Fisher was more rested.

When No space will need to be cleared from the 40-man roster to bring back any of the rehabbers except Jared Burton, who is a long ways off from returning. However, if they decide to bring up Cochran (not going to happen), Mesoraco, Sappelt, or Lewis, they will need to release someone or move one of the injured guys (Valiquette) to the 60-day disabled list.

To bring back Arredondo, Bailey, Cueto, Francisco, Rolen, or Lewis, they would only need to demote someone from the 25-man roster.

Turn Off Ads?