Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scott Rolen to disabled list (strained left shoulder), Reds recall IF Chris Valaika

Re: Scott Rolen to disabled list (strained left shoulder), Reds recall IF Chris Valai

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    OK, bear with me here, but is there any reason why Phillips can't be tried out at 3rd base? Renteria would slide into 2nd. Cairo and Valaika would back up.

Actually, BP to 3rd is my idea for a medium-term solution at the position (with a contract extension), and this would be a great way of him getting his toes wet there.
    The major leagues is no place to learn a new position. No reason to move a gold glover at all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Scott Rolen to disabled list (strained left shoulder), Reds recall IF Chris Valai

I think I'd rather see Costanzo come up from AA and play 3rd than Frazier at this point. He's a lefty and absolutely mashes RHP. Let him start against RHP and let Cairo start against LHP.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    I think I'd rather see Costanzo come up from AA and play 3rd than Frazier at this point. He's a lefty and absolutely mashes RHP. Let him start against RHP and let Cairo start against LHP.
    I think the Reds can do better than Costanzo.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I think the Reds can do better than Costanzo.
    Maybe Castanza?

From Lance McAlister's blog.

Scott Rolen is on the DL until at least May 6th.
    By that time the Reds will have played 193 games since the start of the 2010 season. Rolen's stats for that period are as follows:
    First 84 games: 75 GP .297 avg with 17 HR's and 57 RBI's and .572 slugging pct.
    Next 109 games: 75 GP .252 avg with 5 HR's and 38 RBI's and .401 slugging pct.

Read more: http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lances...#ixzz1KYLuwOiI

Turn Off Ads?