Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds Injury Update Thread

Reds Injury Update Thread

Reds now have a number of significant injuries that are impacting the ballclub. Perhaps this thread can be used to update these players' progress generally. I know there are some individual threads for some of these guys.

Bailey, Cueto, Francisco, Lewis, Rolen, Arredondo. That's a lot of talent on the sidelines. Reds are short starting pitching, lefty hitting, lead off and clean up men. These guys help fill these voids. And Arredondo can upgrade the pen even more.

If anyone is up to speed on the status of these guys, I'd be interested. Thought it might help to have it all in one place.

I'll start by saying that we are awaiting results from Bailey's good outing yesterday. Will he be ready to pitch for the Reds as his next turn comes up? Or will he need another rehab start.
    Last edited by Kc61; 04-25-2011 at 10:47 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Injury Update Thread

Another rehab start for Bailey on April 30.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Another rehab start for Bailey on April 30.
    Probably a good idea. I'd rather play it cautious for now.

-The Insider-

Arredondo is going up to Louisville on Tuesday. He should make four or five appearances for Louisville before being activated.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Lewis was moved up to Louisville today and led off for them...he went 1 for 5 with a double.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Cueto threw 4.2 very good innings tonight. I'm sure he has more rehab to go, but encouraging.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Cueto threw 4.2 very good innings tonight. I'm sure he has more rehab to go, but encouraging.
    yup. 83 pitches, 55 strikes, 3 hits, 0 runs, 0 BBs, 3 Ks. Much better than his last time out.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

According to Mark Sheldon on the Reds website, Cueto will have one more rehab start before being activated.

Arredondo is coming along as well, with no timetable indicated.

Arredondo with two good innings for Louisville tonight. Can't be far away.

Jocketty quoted in today's Enquirer. Arredondo a week or two away. Lewis needs a few more games. Francisco should be back around May 2, his eligibility date off DL, will get some rehab at bats. Optimistic about Rolen too. Cueto and Bailey close.

Interesting roster decisions to come with so many guys close to returning.

possible choices for removal from 40-man roster.

Herrera
    Valiquette
    Thompson
    Fisher
    Negron
    Hermida

Some of those are a stretch...but they're the only ones I can see with even a hint of a possibility.

Jocketty quoted in today's Enquirer. Arredondo a week or two away. Lewis needs a few more games. Francisco should be back around May 2, his eligibility date off DL, will get some rehab at bats. Optimistic about Rolen too. Cueto and Bailey close.

Interesting roster decisions to come with so many guys close to returning.
    Hermida down, Lewis up, Francisco can get some consistent ABs in AAA for awhile, Cueto and Bailey up, Maloney and Lecure down. Rolen coming back might be sending Hermida down, though. Arredondo probably costs us Jordan Smith. Boy if everybody gets healthy, our depth quickly returns. But new injuries will probably make some decisions for them.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    possible choices for removal from 40-man roster.

Herrera
    Valiquette
    Thompson
    Fisher
    Negron
    Hermida

Some of those are a stretch...but they're the only ones I can see with even a hint of a possibility.
    Do we need a 40 man spot for someone. (unless they bring up Willis)?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Do we need a 40 man spot for someone. (unless they bring up Willis)?
    They've got 41 listed on the 40 man roster page. So I'm not sure, that's why I posted the options.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/team/...n.jsp?c_id=cin

~edit~ oops. Just saw that Burton's on the 60 day dl and not on the 40 man. Okay, maybe we DON'T have to make any changes. Now the 25 man roster...whole different story.

As per the 25 man roster, I see an extra position player: bench is Cairo, Renteria, Francisco, Lewis, Heisey, Hanigan at full strength. Not so sure Reds intend to send Francisco down, as suggested.

Reds can accomodate all of them with Rolen out if Hermida and Valaika sent down. But when Rolen comes back, there's an extra bench guy.

Pitching wise, Reds need three spots for Bailey, Cueto and Arredondo. Fisher and Smith go down.

That leaves one more pitcher to go down. Lecure?
    Last edited by Kc61; 04-29-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Turn Off Ads?