Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carpenter STILL trying to explain it to his son (and daughter)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Carpenter STILL trying to explain it to his son (and daughter)

Quote Originally Posted by cardszone View Post
    I agree with what you said about LaRue, but disagree about Carp. I think Cueto is far more at fault for the injury to LaRue than Carp is. I think Carp contributed more to the overall brawl, but Cueto contributed more to the injury.

I also agree that it's not entirely Cueto's fault, for the very reason you said (multiple concussions in the past). However, I still think some sort of statement "It was the heat of the moment, I never intended to injure anybody, and I apologize to Jason for the part I played in the injury he sustained."
    It was all a Larussa charade. Played to the hilt.

Larue stunk anyway, so Larussa managed to use him as a pawn and in the end get rid of him while blaming the Reds. Typically Cardinal organizational behavior.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I honestly feel for Carpenter....it's got to be hard to explain to your son, who probably looks up to him, how you got your *** kicked in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by tennredleg View Post
    well said.

I've been a Reds fan for as long as I can remember and never once have I felt even a little bit hesitant to give 100% of my support to a Red. but you nailed it, he's a very polarizing figure.

I don't think it's too absurd at all. I grew up in that area and even though most people wouldn't consider themselves racist they have some underlying issues with it. personally, I dislike most athletes who are arrogant. as mentioned, that could be the reason some Reds fans dislike Phillips. I love him, but wish he would just stay quiet sometimes.

exactly. who knows what was going through his mind when all that was going on. the adrenaline is pumping hard and sometimes there is no thought process, just reactions.

Cueto should apologize, and so should Carpenter.

personally, I dislike Molina slightly more. I wanted to break things when he hit that HR two nights ago to give them the 3-0 lead.
    Thanks. You saved me a lot of typing. Pretty much my sentiments, also. I guess I'm too old school to like Phillips' behavior, but I can appreciate his talents. He just needs to shut up and play. Everybody who watched the telecast of the brawl has their own images that sticks. Mine was of Carpenter leering and mouthing that preceded the kicking melee. I really think Cueto was scared to death. Still doesn't condone the kicking. As for being afraid to pitch in St. Louis: He hasn't since, whatever the reason. I'm sure if any apologies have occurred from either side, it would have been publicized somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampturkey View Post
    Good to know. In St. Louis, so far it's been Phillips, but if Cueto ever pitches here (the feeling here is that he's too afraid to), he will get the Phillips treatment as well.
    Oh no, not the boo birds, ya'll are a bad bunch of dudes with the booing
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cardszone View Post
    There's a huge difference between mouthing off at someone, and acting violently. Players, and managers, jaw at each-other all of the time. How often has that resulted in someone sustaining a head injury (a lot, thats what happens when you start fights, you might get hurt in the fight you started))? Kicking someone in the head, on the other hand... usually results in a head injury.

You're wrong... and that's a pretty absurd accusation to toss out there.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I don't know why any Reds fan could dislike BP. He's really gotten in trouble for talking once. My roommate is a Cubs fan () and he loves Brandon Phillips. The guy has fun playing the game and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that there are so many baseball purists who think that the game should be the exact same as it was in 1950. Phillips said what was on his mind and basically said the same thing a lot of us were thinking, but we have to criminalize him for that because he's a pro athlete. Get over it. This needs to be a rivalry over great baseball and not petty little fights.

As for Carpenter, yeah he had a role in starting the fight and no one know what he said but the kicking should never happen.

As for Cueto being afraid to pitch in St. Louis...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Everyone needs to stop bringing up the fight. We all have our differences and I know I would not have a problem with Carpenter's whining if he didnt torch us every time he pitches. I have alway disliked Yadi before this fight so he's my least favorite Cardinal (besides the skipper). Lets just have a clean rivalry before something happens to a someone like in the SF LA game this year. have a beer and talk some friendly smack to your favorite cards fan.

GO REDS

Good to know. In St. Louis, so far it's been Phillips, but if Cueto ever pitches here (the feeling here is that he's too afraid to), he will get the Phillips treatment as well.
    Unrelated to this BP/Carp/Cueto likability/blame discussion... the idea that Cueto has not pitched in STL out of choice, let alone fear is simply not borne out by reality. First, unlike the Cardinals, The Reds have never adjusted their rotation for a cards series. Second, and more importantly, there have been exactly two Reds/Cards series since the brawl. Cueto pitched the game before the first series, on his regular rotation slot, so would have had no ability to pitch the following three days. The second series was this past weekend.

Are Cards fans really arguing/believing that Cueto went on the DL for the first month of the season just to avoid the chance he might pitch in St Louis?

If i was a Cards fan, i probably would not have any fond thoughts for Cueto... but c'mon stick with reality in the criticism. Up to this point, Cueto could not have pitched against the Cards even if he wanted to.

The glass is 1/3 full....

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Does a racist know when they're making racist comments? Probably not.
    Well said.
    The Crimson Crusader....knows...!
    ...heh heh heh heh...

"Why does everybody stand up and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"
    ...when they're already there?"

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Cueto too scared to pitch in StL? Please. Why would a grown man be afraid of being booed?
    Agreed. Plus, Cueto is from the Dominican, where things can get very scary for players. I don't think a few upset fans will scare him away.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Legends Never Die

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Oh no, not the boo birds, ya'll are a bad bunch of dudes with the booing
    I got booed at Elder during our last game there so bad that I cried and didn't even play. Oh wait no I used it as fuel went in and crushed their QB and won the game. So yeah bring out the BOO's for Cueto he will just use it as fuel.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    I got booed at Elder during our last game there so bad that I cried and didn't even play. Oh wait no I used it as fuel went in and crushed their QB and won the game. So yeah bring out the BOO's for Cueto he will just use it as fuel.
    I had a guy boo me once at a game, I asked him if he was trying to counter his girl cheering so hard for me at night. Didn't hear another boo out of him.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Legends Never Die

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I had a guy boo me once at a game, I asked him if he was trying to counter his girl cheering so hard for me at night. Didn't hear another boo out of him.
    Yeah I bet haha that is good
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Carpenter has had ALOT to explain to his son over the past year (judging by Redszone posts)

Sooner or later, his boy is gonna be be like "hey dad......shut up!"

The glass is 1/3 full....

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Carpenter has had ALOT to explain to his son over the past year (judging by Redszone posts)

Sooner or later, his boy is gonna be be like "hey dad......shut up!"
    "Crapenter...you've got some 'splaining to do!" ...LOL....

In all seriousness...judging by the majority of opinions (including mine) on this topic, if he would just "shut up," or at least, leave it in the past, he'd be a little better off.
    The Crimson Crusader....knows...!
    ...heh heh heh heh...

"Why does everybody stand up and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"
    ...when they're already there?"

Who do Reds fans hate more, Carpenter or Yadi?
    Carp, by A LOT. Yadi has been nothing but classy this year when he speaks of the Reds. ESPN had an interview with him after the game with his 3-R shot, and he was giving a lot of respect to the Reds for playing hard and stuff. I've got no quarrel with Yadi, other than he's a Card

But everything that has been in the news about Carpenter just irks me more than anyone else...Calling out his own teammates, complaining about the balls (although nothing was said about them until he gave up a HR), and just other things where he complains a lot. I understand things don't go your way all the time, but it just seems like he complains A LOT.
    Let's make some noise!

Turn Off Ads?