Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klinker Sent down

-The Insider-

Klinker Sent down

Bats' Right-handed pitcher Matt Klinker posted on his twitter that he is heading back down to Double-A Carolina.
    Klinker, who was 2-1 with a 9.00 ERA in 4 appearances for Louisville this season, will start Wednesday for the Mudcats in place of injured pitcher Jordan Hotchkiss.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Klinker Sent down

I wish the circumstances were different but I really look forward to his trip here.

Any idea who is going up to AAA?

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    Likely someone going down from MLB to make room for Bailey. They won't "need" anyone per say. Arredondo is going up in a day so they'll be straight.

Maloney just got sent down. Is he going to take Klinker's spot?

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    Maloney just get sent down. Is he going to take Klinker's spot?
    Yea, he could. Klinker wasn't really in the rotation because of Bailey and Cueto. Cochran could move back in the to Triple-A rotation as well. Horst could too if needed.

Maloney takes his spot in the rotation, but he takes Fishers spot on the roster, so there still another shoe to drop somewhere.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Arredondo?

With Bailey and Cueto making starts, there really aren't enough innings for Klinker now. A trip to AA will probably help both the Mudcats and Klinker.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

The winner is...Dallas Buck. Buck has been moved up to Louisville.

The winner is...Dallas Buck. Buck has been moved up to Louisville.
    I'd rather have Klinker.

I'd rather have Klinker.

I'm trying to figure this one out as well. I don't know if you can look as this as a straight up Klinker for Buck kind of move. There have been several moves lately.

If you look at the two head up, and I'm sure there is more to it than this, Buck probably looks better on paper this year than does Klinker. In 21 innings he's given up 23 hits whereas Klinker has given up 23 hits in 15 innings. Klinker's ERA is 9.00 and Buck's is 5.57. Taking age into account, they were born a month apart. At first I figured they may want to move Buck as soon as he showed signs of life in that he has been slowed for so long by injury. In the end, I think they just want to see buck face AAA batters.

I'm trying to figure this one out as well. I don't know if you can look as this as a straight up Klinker for Buck kind of move. There have been several moves lately.

If you look at the two head up, and I'm sure there is more to it than this, Buck probably looks better on paper this year than does Klinker. In 21 innings he's given up 23 hits whereas Klinker has given up 23 hits in 15 innings. Klinker's ERA is 9.00 and Buck's is 5.57. Taking age into account, they were born a month apart. At first I figured they may want to move Buck as soon as he showed signs of life in that he has been slowed for so long by injury. In the end, I think they just want to see buck face AAA batters.
    It could also be that they would rather see Klinker in the rotation and Buck in the bullpen then the other way around. I'd still rather see Klinker as he had some success in AAA (in 09) while Buck has never had a AA era lower then 4.82.

-The Insider-

It's just a paper move.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

I could see the Reds trying Buck in the bullpen at AAA to get him to the big leagues. The guy's 26 and has never managed a full season in the organization due to injuries; it's time to find out what we got.

Or maybe not, it might just be because Klinker's a fresh arm and Buck just pitched the day before.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    It's just a paper move.
    I assume you mean that Buck will not even put on Bats uniform. Will anyone else come up to the Bats, or will they just use the rehabbers to fill the spot?

Turn Off Ads?