Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jay Bruce has hit only 3 line drives in 2011

Jay Bruce has hit only 3 line drives in 2011

Bruce is reaching base at a lousy .286 clip so far this year, slugging just .338, and helping none of his fantasy owners. The batted-ball data isn't pretty, either. Through 84 plate appearances, Bruce has somehow hit only three line drives.
    Linky1 and Linky2.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jay Bruce has hit only 3 line drives in 2011

He's hit three homers, line drives can easily become outs if they're hit to outfielders.

Not to say he's doing great, he isn't. However I think he'll be fine.

Legends Never Die

It looks to me like he is just having a slow start...Not a big deal yet considering it is not even May yet. And he looked a lot more comfortable last night in the 2nd spot maybe that was all it took. We shall see.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Hopefully he's just slumping. That on-base percentage and the walk-to-strikeout numbers are UGLY. I'm not sure he understands the strike zone any better now than he did when he got to the Reds four years ago. But like I said, hopefully it's just a slump.

3 opposite field base hits yesterday. Made the Brewers shift look awfully stupid.

Well that suggests more that he's doing something wrong rather than just being unlucky. You usually like to see a guy hit 20% LDs to keep that BA up.

I remember this discussion from last season on another forum - Bruce just seems to have trouble early in the season and sometimes just hits them where the defense is as opposed to where they're not.

The move to the two-hole might be sparking him out of the early season issues earlier this season if yesterday is any indication.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    I remember this discussion from last season on another forum - Bruce just seems to have trouble early in the season and sometimes just hits them where the defense is as opposed to where they're not.

The move to the two-hole might be sparking him out of the early season issues earlier this season if yesterday is any indication.
    Well last year the difference was that he was hitting line drives, but they just happened to go to outfielders. That usually doesn't happen and it's ridiculously unlucky. This year, he's popping balls up seemingly every at bat. He's not putting in quality swings so far and needs to make some adjustments.

Turn Off Ads?