Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deal Co-Co...make Chapman

Deal Co-Co...make Chapman

Phillies in need of a closer, how about we deal Co-Co to them for some minor league talent, and put Chapman in as closer?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Deal Co-Co...make Chapman

I honestly think the White Sox would take Cordero and His Salary at this point...

Chris Sale anyone?

I thought Brad Lidge was expected back this summer?

If we deal CoCo then who would be our 7th inning guy or the guy we bring in when we need a strike out?? I wouldn't want it to be Masset or even Logan at this point. I think that role is just as important as the closers role.. It was today.

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    I think that role is just as important as the closers role.. It was today.
    It was more important today.

The Reds don't have Chapman and they don't win today. I think he is to great a talent to just use situationaly out of the pen but he does excel in that role.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    If we deal CoCo then who would be our 7th inning guy or the guy we bring in when we need a strike out?? I wouldn't want it to be Masset or even Logan at this point. I think that role is just as important as the closers role.. It was today.
    Masset or Logan can handle the job without issue. You also have the kid down in AA on rehab that we signed last year who soon will be ready also...

Not only would I not want to give CoCo up, but I really wouldn't want to be a part of a deal that made the Phillies better.

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    Not only would I not want to give CoCo up, but I really wouldn't want to be a part of a deal that made the Phillies better.
    Why don't you guys see that the White Sox are in Desperate need for a Closer and this team could get some pieces for him and unload the salary there...

The Phillies shouldnt even come into play...

Coco is lights out right now, why would you want to get rid of him? The Reds have plenty of big arms in the system right now, they need to win now not accumulate more prospects.

Coco's velocity is down but his command is looking a lot better this year, I'd hang on to him.

Chapman will be the closer for 2012. The Reds have a 2012 option with a $1 mil. buyout on Cordero, so expect the buyout to happen and Cordero to move on after the season. Until then, Cordero has shown he can still be a solid 9th inning man and has been one of the more reliable pitchers all season.

Given the money that Rivera and Soriano have gotten from the Yankees to be 8th and 9th inning pitchers, Chapman's contract as a closer will be a bargain up to 2015. Time to forget about stretching him out in Lousiville to make him a starter - he's the Reds' stopper for the next four seasons.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Who in their right mind would want Coco and his $12 million dollar price tag....he is untradeable unless we pick up a LARGE portion of his contract.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Coco is lights out right now, why would you want to get rid of him? The Reds have plenty of big arms in the system right now, they need to win now not accumulate more prospects.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    Coco's velocity is down but his command is looking a lot better this year, I'd hang on to him.
    Both of these. +11

I've seen Chapman as the next Mariano since we put him in the BP last year. That said, he's still very young, inexperienced and growing.

Unless someone wants to take his entire salary and give us a prospect or two, I'd wait till the season is over and buy out Cordero's contract. We will need that money bad.

If we can make the playoff's, who wouldn't want closer capabilities for the 7th, 8th and 9th innnings: Chapman, Massett and Cordero? We have some real nice pitching for the first time in ages, let's not just throw it away.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Who in their right mind would want Coco and his $12 million dollar price tag....he is untradeable unless we pick up a LARGE portion of his contract.
    Again, the Chicago White Sox are in "NEED" of a Closer and are a team that would take the Salary...

Turn Off Ads?