Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Joey Votto Bobble Head night!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Joey Votto Bobble Head night!

Hey guys, I will be heading down for the game on saturday night. I have never been to a bobble head give-away and was wondering what time I should get there to guarantee my mini Votto? Should I get there 2 hours prior when the gates open? I do like to party at the various bars beforehand.

Thanks all, and go Redlegs!

Re: Joey Votto Bobble Head night!

I think for this one they are giving out 30,000, which means you should not have any issue of getting one if you get there say 1 hour to 1.5 hours before first pitch.

I remember making my Dad, brother, and best friend sprint with me from a parking lot about half a mile from the stadium on Austin Kearns Bobblehead Night, even though we got there over an hour ahead of time. They had a ton left. In hindsight, I don't know which was dumber, the fact that we sprinted for a bobblehead still in immense supply or the fact that we sprinted for an Austin Kearns bobblehead.

Anyway, 45 minutes to an hour ahead should be plenty of time. Some people won't even know about the promotion, some don't care, and some people just show up late anyway. Of course, two hours always sounds like a quality plan if it means more beer consumption.

I hope this doesn't give Votto a big head. *rimshot*

This will be the first bobble-head night for my family, too....in addition to our new season tickets, we also picked up tickets for the Votto and Gomes effigy nights.

Will one gate be any better than another on Saturday? We usually go in by US Bank arena, but didn't know if they distributed the bobble-heads equally, if they tried to file everybody through a reduced number of gates, etc.

To echo what leeech said, thanks all!

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    This will be the first bobble-head night for my family, too....in addition to our new season tickets, we also picked up tickets for the Votto and Gomes effigy nights.

Will one gate be any better than another on Saturday? We usually go in by US Bank arena, but didn't know if they distributed the bobble-heads equally, if they tried to file everybody through a reduced number of gates, etc.

To echo what leeech said, thanks all!
    They have plenty at every gate. Cases and cases of them.

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

Johnny Cueto Fan

You'll have plenty of time...I suggest around 6:30 if you don't wanna get there too early or too late. There's a good amount of promotion items at every entrance but usually everybody walks through the Crosley Terrace entrance just because it's the main entrance. Me and my friends never think about going any other route though. Shows how smart we are.

Turn Off Ads?