Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Fresh Fish@ Redlegs 4-29

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Re: Fresh Fish@ Redlegs 4-29

Stubbs steals second! Sweet!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bruces strikes out looking to end the game.

Reds 9th:
    Nunez in to pitch for the Marlins.

Cairo flies out to right.
    Hernandez doubles to center, off Cousins glove.
    Janish doubles over Bonafacio's head, Ramon scores.
    Heisey strikes out swinging on the 10th pitch of the AB.
    Stubbs singles to left, Janish scores.
    WIth Bruce hitting, Stubbs steals 2nd.
    Bruce Ks looking.

Marlins win 7 to 6....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Oh man...they sure made it exciting. Just one hit short.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Love Bruce, but you have to take the bat off your shoulder with 2 strikes.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

He was completely fooled. Good pitch, but you gotta get that ball in play.

Game Headline: Fish Fry Wood
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Fisher warming.
    He had to pitch tonight, I guess. Good game for pun lovers

Observations: Wood had no cutter tonight, thus the ball stayed on the outside and was easy bait for shooting line drives the other way. I think that is why it seemed to be away, away, away. Without the cutter, he's just a hittable 2 pitch lefty.

Before the game, teams were OPSing at 1.023 in the first inning against our starters. That means every team is hitting like Joey Votto did in his MVP year in the first inning. There is also 10 SBs allowed in the 1st inning.

As a result, I'm smelling a scouting report floating around against the Reds. Going away, away, away, righties take 'em to RF and try to catch the jet stream to the moon deck. Also, be aggressive out of the gate, you're probably going to see a lot of fastballs.

I know some of the first inning woes is probably statistical anomaly, but then I'm thinking it is also advance scouting that has picked up on a trend. Regardless, the starters need to make an adjustment. Right now, I see batters attacking big time early, diving out over the plate and taking the ball the other way.

The 2-2 pitch to Bruce did not look that great to me. Breaking ball that was a little high and then came down over the outside corner but still good enough to have to swing at.

The pitchers should pitch inside more anyways and what you just stated traderumor...seems spot on to me.

redhawkfish and I were at the game. Simply great field level seats about 4 rows back down the RF line.

Wood was pitching to contact. They were nailing him. At one point in that inning I said "Is there such a thing as pitching for the cycle? Because Wood has done so." LOL

91 pitches in 3 innings. Not good.

Bruce did take a bad route to the ball hit by Bonifacio to lead-off the game. Jay didn't look good there. His HR was a rocket. I kinda like him in that #2 spot. I think he's seeing better pitches.

Hermedia got lucky on the HR. The RFer had it in his glove, and it should have been caught. Oh well, that's the breaks.

After being down 7-1 we fought back, made a game of it, and we had a chance in the 9th. Would have liked to had that game because tonight is gonna be a tough one with Josh Johnson on the mound.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?