Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday 5/1/11 Minor League Updates

Re: Sunday 5/1/11 Minor League Updates

Worse than Gomes

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Alonso will never be a LF on the MLB level. Whoever the Reds trade him to will play him at 1B (or perhaps DH him if it's an AL team).

Bakersfield, down 7-1 after seven and in a tailspin for the last several days, scored four in the eighth and then three in the ninth--after the first two guys were out--to take an 8-7 lead into the bottom of the ninth. Fellhauer, Grandal, and Henry Rodriguez had the big hits in the ninth. Eric Campbell got it going in the eighth with a three-run HR . . . And now Tyree Hayes finishes it off and the Blaze win 8-7.

Good to see those guys come off the mat for that win. Griffey must be grinning ear to ear.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Mudcats give Muddie another win 4-1. Muddie must go to every game now. That's the only answer.
    You talked me into it. Put me on the bus, give me meal and lodging money, and I'll start immediately.

I would never have dreamed these guys would have taken both of the games this weekend. Avery was beyond expectations. Donnie Joseph was solid on back to back days. Perez appears to be getting the bat on the ball a bit more. He was clearly trying to hit the ball where it was pitched yesterday in every at bat. Phipps still looks like a guy that is trying to find the light switch. Can't say enough about Puckett.

More than a few Reds fans at the park both games.

The guys go at 11 this morning for the finale there and then head home. Should be Buck today and Klinker tomorrow night.

Turn Off Ads?