Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Pensacola Blue Wahoos 2012

Re: Pensacola Pelicans 2012

Redbones!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ladies and gentlemen, the Pensacola team will be the Pensacola Blue Wa Hoo according to an email I got from the team. Not my pick for sure.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/n...vkey=news_milb

I preferred Salty Dogs, but this seems colorful enough.

I thought for sure it was going to be aviators...def going to opening day there since im only 45 minutes away

-The Insider-

I'm disappointed that they didn't have a logo and color scheme ready.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Not sure I like Blue Wahoos ... but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Not sure I like Blue Wahoos ... but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    How many folks around my age thought of this band when you saw the name Blue Wahoos?

YouTube - ‪The Blues MaGoos-We Ain't Got Nothin' Yet (1966 NYC With Lyrics+4)‬‏
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    It's way too early to be doing this dude. But I'll play.

Half of the guys you mention are eligible for free agency. I don't know who will resign, if any.

Soto is eligible to be subjected to the Rule V draft, so they'll have to put him on the 40. Rojas can be a free agent, so they may put him on the 40 as well so he won't leave. Then again they may not.

Didi and Rodriguez most likely will be up the middle for the Pensacola TBA with Grandal behind the plate.

That's all I have until later this season.

I wouldn't be concerned about losing Soto in the Rule V draft, and therefore would not take up a 40 man space with him. While he's showing signs of a nice bounceback year, he is a 1B who hasn't OPS'd over 800 since he was a 19-year old in Dayton three years ago. If some team wants to try him on their major league roster, good luck to them!

Also, with a strong showing in Carolina the rest of the way this year, Grandal could be in Louisville to start 2012. No need to rush him given our catching depth, but if he's there, he's there.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    How many folks around my age thought of this band when you saw the name Blue Wahoos?

YouTube - ‪The Blues MaGoos-We Ain't Got Nothin' Yet (1966 NYC With Lyrics+4)‬‏
    Ha! But actually, the first thing I thought of was the Indians' former mascot, Chief Wahoo. The one that was deemed too politically incorrect by the PC police. I didn't even realize there were fish called blue wahoo.

BTW, can a mod please change the title of this thread since they won't be called the Pensacola Pelicans?

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I wouldn't be concerned about losing Soto in the Rule V draft, and therefore would not take up a 40 man space with him. While he's showing signs of a nice bounceback year, he is a 1B who hasn't OPS'd over 800 since he was a 19-year old in Dayton three years ago. If some team wants to try him on their major league roster, good luck to them!

Also, with a strong showing in Carolina the rest of the way this year, Grandal could be in Louisville to start 2012. No need to rush him given our catching depth, but if he's there, he's there.

I was actually wrong, Soto isn't eligible for the Rule V Draft this off-season. He will next off-season, however. People I've talked to see Soto as a young Derek Lee. Minus the glove, though.

I was actually wrong, Soto isn't eligible for the Rule V Draft this off-season. He will next off-season, however. People I've talked to see Soto as a young Derek Lee. Minus the glove, though.
    You were right the first time. He's eligible for the draft this year.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    That's my understanding as well. He was drafted in 2007. This will be his 5th Rule 5 draft (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011).

So yes, he should be eligible this year.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I'd still take my chances on losing him in the Rule V. "Young Derrek Lee" or not, I can't envision him staying on a Major League roster in 2012.
    Go BLUE!!!

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Ok, so I'm not crazy. I swore he was drafted in 07 but in the Prospect Handbook it has him being drafted in 2008.

So basically we are looking at Soto, Rodriguez, Didi, and Buchholz as being the big position player possibilities to being added.

Turn Off Ads?