Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/3/11 - Houston at Reds

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 5/3/11 - Houston at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Interesting stat: Leake has given up 50% of his ER this season in 5% of his innings. The ERA looks like crap, but he has been better than it seems.
    Yep. When he loses it, he loses it FAST. But he's got a short memory and gets back on the bump with a clean slate.

Smith allows a dinger to Wallace.

Astros announcers talking about Wallace chatting with teammates in the dugout before this inning...giving them tips for facing Smith who he apparently knows a bit (in action or personally...not sure). Or possibly saw him tipping pitches. They were discussing this BEFORE the dinger.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Surely Smith will be sen down.
    I would hope. Smith and Fisher should both be down by the end of the week

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Surely Smith will be sen down.
    There are honestly 3 or 4 guys on the roster right now that have no business being there.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I have serious concerns that Mike Leake is ever going to be able to get major league hitters out on a consistent basis.
    Kid should be in AA about now. A couple of months when nobody knew much about him has fooled everyone. Now, even in his good outings, teams zero in after a time or two through the order. Not enough of a consistent assortment to get by w/o more stuff. Danny Rae looked good for a while too.

Jordan Smith doesn't have much stuff either and he seems to be waking up. Personally, I think the Reds should keep Fisher around, move Lecure to the pen and send Leake and Smith to AAA when Cueto and Bailey come back.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Johnson flies out to right.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Kid should be in AA about now. A couple of months when nobody knew much about him has fooled everyone. Now, even in his good outings, teams zero in after a time or two through the order. Not enough of a consistent assortment to get by w/o more stuff. Danny Rae looked good for a while too.

Jordan Smith doesn't have much stuff either and he seems to be waking up. Personally, I think the Reds should keep Fisher around, move Lecure to the pen and send Leake and Smith to AAA when Cueto and Bailey come back.
    Wood needs to go down too, don't kid yourself. Send him down and call up Willis.

And send down Hermida and call up Sappelt while you're at it.

This will the first time the reds are under .500 in quite a while. Pitiful that Pittsburgh, Arizona and Houston put them there

Wood needs to go down too, don't kid yourself. Send him down and call up Willis.

Absolutely.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    This will the first time the reds are under .500 in quite a while. Pitiful that Pittsburgh, Arizona and Houston put them there
    This team has 2010 Cardinals syndrome. They're getting absolutely dismantled by teams that don't have 50% of the talent they do. But nonetheless, they're getting taken out behind the woodshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    This team has 2010 Cardinals syndrome. They're getting absolutely dismantled by teams that don't have 50% of the talent they do. But nonetheless, they're getting taken out behind the woodshed.
    Meh. I think it has less to do with that and more to do with "our starting pitching sucks" syndrome.

Hall walks

Ohhhh how I would love to see your reaction if I tried to sell you something similar with Volquez.
    Volquez has had pretty much one bad inning per start (runs wise), save for his last start. Leake has had 2 bad innings in 6 starts. I catch your drift, but it is a different story. 5% of innings for Leake, you are looking at 15 or so percent for EV.

You might be right, but Wood at least completed his minor league prep time and did what he needed to before being promoted. I'd give him a few more starts, but he needs to get on a roll and be cruising by Memorial Day or I'd say Willis should get a look.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Make it stop. Now Barmes lines a double off the wall.

Dontrelle...I'd rather see Leake up here. 100 times over.

Turn Off Ads?