Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A trade idea

Re: A trade idea

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    What gives you the impression Mes has leadership abilities?
    All the scouting reports that bring it up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I was under the impression that Iglasies (sp?) was an excellent defender, but a question mark with the bat. How is that different from what we've already got with Cozart? Even if he IS better...is he so much better that we'd part with Mesoraco? I don't see it.

Besides, isn't Boston looking for a catcher who's ready RIGHT NOW? IMO, I think we should dangle Ramon Hernandez out there and see if there are any bites. Certainly doesn't hurt to listen. And at some point this season, Devin is going to force his way onto the big club.
    i know a sox fan who acts like iglesias is the 2nd coming of omar vizquel. grandal and felix perez for iglesias and bard?

A middle of the order catcher is inherently more valuable than a SS with a questionable stick. It's one of the extra little pieces that allows a team to cheat a little on offense at another position.

In other words, a catcher like Mesoraco would allow a team to play a SS like Iglesias.

So the question then becomes, which is rarer: a SS like Iglesias or a catcher like Mesoraco.

Right now, that's a fairly obvious answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    A middle of the order catcher is inherently more valuable than a SS with a questionable stick. It's one of the extra little pieces that allows a team to cheat a little on offense at another position.

In other words, a catcher like Mesoraco would allow a team to play a SS like Iglesias.

So the question then becomes, which is rarer: a SS like Iglesias or a catcher like Mesoraco.

that hits the nail on the head. With Mes. Jarnish could hit .270 with no dingers all year and we would be all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

"shake a tree and 10 gloves fall out, but bats are hard to find"
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I don't want to trade Mesoraco. I'm giddily anticipating his major league debut.

What about dealing a major leaguer? You could unblock Mes and get some value in return.

Iglesias was called up this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Iglesias was called up this morning.
    Odd move by the Sox. Why bring a guy up that is clearly not ready to hit MLB pitching just to sit on the bench as a backup SS? The Sox have really rushed Iglesias. He should be playing every day in AA. He shouldn't be in AAA, much less the majors.

I think it's a really astute move by the Sox.

Iglesias will likely never hit all that well. But, right now, they can claim he's young for the league and insist that all he needs are reps and strength. Meanwhile, over the next two or three years, his trade value is still solid and might perhaps net them a better overall piece.

If they'd have played him at the proper league, he'd be Miguel Rojas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
    Odd move by the Sox. Why bring a guy up that is clearly not ready to hit MLB pitching just to sit on the bench as a backup SS? The Sox have really rushed Iglesias. He should be playing every day in AA. He shouldn't be in AAA, much less the majors.
    They'll probably send him back down once Scutaro is healthy.

Mesoraco is one of the few prospects I would be very reluctant to trade unless the haul was gigantic and I don't think Iglesias is enough.

Catchers who are good behind the plate and can hit are a very rare breed. It remains to be seen if that will be Mez at the Show, but he has a good shot.

Turn Off Ads?