Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good/bad Cueto for Leake?

Good/bad Cueto for Leake?

Cueto is scheduled to major his first start of the season Sunday against the Cubs, which would drop Leake out of the rotation. I'm not sure how I feel about that as Leake has pitched pretty well this season so far, he has just had a few extra off the field distractions that haven't helped his cause. I'm not sure if it should be Leake or Wood, but it seems like Leake is going to get the bad end of the deal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Good/bad Cueto for Leake?

I think Leake will actually do better in the bullpen... It seems he just cruises through the batting order the first time or 2 around but then he gets hammered in the 4th-5th Innings...

So I think he will really help the bullpen going 2-3 Innings at a time as a long man!

At this point horrible move because I don't think Johnny C is even close to ready. I will be shocked if he goes more then 4 innings with fewer then 4-5 runs, even worse if wind is blowing out. No reason to rush him back, didn't show much in rehab starts unlike Homer but that be dam. And NO Leake should not go to the pen, he needs to go down to Louisville and continue to work as a starter. Reds have already ruined one talented arm in Chapman, why ruin two...but trust me they will.

BAKER12

If Leake is not deemed to be one of our 5 best starters he should be shopped and we should get a starting 3B for him
    It is a waste to have him throw meaningless innings as the pen is set with Nick, Chap and CoCo and Ondrusek and Brey as well
    The Reds have a ridiculous wealth of arms at this point and if we want to win NOW we need a quality bat
    One thought, Alex Gordon of KC can play 3B and is doing a good job in LF now
    How about Leake for Gordon?
    Would you be a gambler and trade the young pitcher for a promising guy that appears to have found himself?
    He plays 3B until Rolen is ready and goes to LF if Rolen comes back

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    If Leake is not deemed to be one of our 5 best starters he should be shopped and we should get a starting 3B for him
    It is a waste to have him throw meaningless innings as the pen is set with Nick, Chap and CoCo and Ondrusek and Brey as well
    The Reds have a ridiculous wealth of arms at this point and if we want to win NOW we need a quality bat
    One thought, Alex Gordon of KC can play 3B and is doing a good job in LF now
    How about Leake for Gordon?
    Would you be a gambler and trade the young pitcher for a promising guy that appears to have found himself?
    He plays 3B until Rolen is ready and goes to LF if Rolen comes back
    We have a LF, Gomes is da man, no reason to add anything there..

Why would the Royals make that deal?

BAKER12

The Royals could use pitching and Leake is going to be a good pitcher. KC has two good guys (Duffy and Montgomery at 3A) but the MLB rotation is not good. Royals called up their top prospect Hosmer today, he takes over at 1B, I bet they would have a strong interest in Leake.

No brainer...Leake to the pen.

I got the impression from the broadcast yesterday - I think it may have been the pre-game - that Leake to the bullpen wasn't necessarily a permanent thing. I'm not sure exactly what that means - quasi sixth starter - spot start here and there or what.

It would seem that if the Reds began to get the innings from the rotation that they hope to there wouldn't be many innings for Leake.

I don't think trade is the answer and I doubt they used a No. 1 pick for him to be a long man. I guess it's a good problem to have.

Having too much starting pitching is never bad. What seems like a surplus one day can quickly turn into a shortage. I like Lecure as the long relief guy. I think he would be a better option there than most teams have. Lecure would start on some MLB teams. I guess Leake would be an upgrade, but I just don't think it will be long before he's back in the rotation. Cueto and Bailey are both coming back from injury, and especially Cueto is still unproven. Plus Arroyo may need a little time off at some point since he is still recovering from Mono. Also, Wood has looked pretty iffy at times and if he struggles could lose his job to Leake.

Quote Originally Posted by Roush's socks View Post
    Having too much starting pitching is never bad. What seems like a surplus one day can quickly turn into a shortage. I like Lecure as the long relief guy. I think he would be a better option there than most teams have. Lecure would start on some MLB teams. I guess Leake would be an upgrade, but I just don't think it will be long before he's back in the rotation. Cueto and Bailey are both coming back from injury, and especially Cueto is still unproven. Plus Arroyo may need a little time off at some point since he is still recovering from Mono. Also, Wood has looked pretty iffy at times and if he struggles could lose his job to Leake.
    I really agree but this team sure could use an actual ACE... I doubt the Mariners will be trading Felix Hernadez so the next guy is Josh Johnson who will most certainly be moved at the deadline or in the off season...

The Marlins wont pay him the 13.75 Million in 2012 and 2013...

Especially when Hanly Ramirez Salaries in 2012 and 2013 is 15 Million...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...edium=facebook

I would think the Reds rich farm system could get this done...

having Josh Johnson at 13.75 Million with Cordero's 12 Million coming off the Books will be perfect...
    Last edited by Hondo; 05-07-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Cueto's going to get better, but his ERA of 6+ in AAA tells me he could use a little more rehab. I think it's premature.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBaker View Post
    Cueto's going to get better, but his ERA of 6+ in AAA tells me he could use a little more rehab. I think it's premature.
    I don't think management looks at numbers at all while a player is rehabbing. They don't care about results, only whether or not they were able to work without pain or any setbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by signalhome View Post
    I don't think management looks at numbers at all while a player is rehabbing. They don't care about results, only whether or not they were able to work without pain or any setbacks.
    Correct. It's all about building up arm strength...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    At this point horrible move because I don't think Johnny C is even close to ready. I will be shocked if he goes more then 4 innings with fewer then 4-5 runs, even worse if wind is blowing out. No reason to rush him back, didn't show much in rehab starts unlike Homer but that be dam. And NO Leake should not go to the pen, he needs to go down to Louisville and continue to work as a starter. Reds have already ruined one talented arm in Chapman, why ruin two...but trust me they will.
    You better hope Cueto IMPLODES here in the next few Innings or you're dead red wrong... which is the case most of the time.

Turn Off Ads?