Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: 100 Stolen Bags for Billy this Season?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 40.82%
  • No

29 59.18%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Billy Hamilton - 100 SB this season?

Re: Billy Hamilton - 100 SB this season?

If he can learn to bunt even adequately, with his speed, Hamilton could post some 350/430/420 lines in the major leagues.

The problem is bunting. It's an art, not a science.

Oh, how I wish Brett Butler could teach Hamilton how to bunt like... well, Brett Butler. Best bunter I ever saw. Even at age 40, he could lay one down and it wouldn't matter if you fielded it cleanly and made a highlight reel play, he was on first.

2. Turn Off Ads?

For awhile Norris Hopper was a bunting maniac.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    If he can learn to bunt even adequately, with his speed, Hamilton could post some 350/430/420 lines in the major leagues.

Oh, how I wish Brett Butler could teach Hamilton how to bunt like... well, Brett Butler. Best bunter I ever saw. Even at age 40, he could lay one down and it wouldn't matter if you fielded it cleanly and made a highlight reel play, he was on first.
    In the handful of games I have been to Hamilton has attempted a bunt in all of them. All of them unsucessfully.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    In the handful of games I have been to Hamilton has attempted a bunt in all of them. All of them unsucessfully.

GL
    at least he's trying, Stubbs for some reason doesnt even try, Hamilton may not be Juan Pierre, but he's so young and the fact is he understands that his game is get on and create havoc makes him special, I also believe that although their isnt many players like Hamilton, I still would like to see the Reds grab guys as close to Hamilton's skill set as possible, they have a lot of pure power hitters they need more pesky lightening fast guys to set the table just my opinion

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    at least he's trying, Stubbs for some reason doesnt even try, Hamilton may not be Juan Pierre, but he's so young and the fact is he understands that his game is get on and create havoc makes him special, I also believe that although their isnt many players like Hamilton, I still would like to see the Reds grab guys as close to Hamilton's skill set as possible, they have a lot of pure power hitters they need more pesky lightening fast guys to set the table just my opinion
    I'm glad to see him working on bunting ... he is just *lightening* fast and it would serve him well to be able to drop one down. He just has a long way to go yet from what I have seen.

GL

He Stung some balls the last two games I went to, Monday and Thursday. No one is "knocking the bat out of his hands" like I saw a comment on here a while back.

I figure Hamilton, by the time he reaches the majors, could look like Joe Morgan.

He's one of the few players who actually looked stronger by the end of the year than when they started.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I figure Hamilton, by the time he reaches the majors, could look like Joe Morgan.

He's one of the few players who actually looked stronger by the end of the year than when they started.
    Hamilton is about 6 inches taller than Morgan is. Not sure what you mean exactly.

Filled out. Stronger. Bigger. Morgan a la 1976 rather than Morgan a la 1971.

Hamilton seemed to fill out as the season wore on. If I could post pictures, I'd show you the two I took. One, in early May, showed Hamilton on base. His legs looked like sticks.

The other, taken in August, showed him in the on-deck circle. He looked like he had muscles and his legs were noticeably larger. (Or at least appeared that way.)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Filled out. Stronger. Bigger. Morgan a la 1976 rather than Morgan a la 1971.

Hamilton seemed to fill out as the season wore on. If I could post pictures, I'd show you the two I took. One, in early May, showed Hamilton on base. His legs looked like sticks.

The other, taken in August, showed him in the on-deck circle. He looked like he had muscles and his legs were noticeably larger. (Or at least appeared that way.)
    Post away. Upload them to flickr or imageshack or something similar.

You misunderstand. I don't know how.

Send them to me in an email and I will post them?
    bubbachunk14@gmail.com
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Agree on Butler he was a master of the art, fun to watch except for when he played the Reds.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?