Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If I were Edinson Volquez.....

If I were Edinson Volquez.....

I would want to have some words with Marty.

Something along the lines of "why don't you come down here old man, and show me how it's done. You speak like you have it all figured out. How many ML games have you ever pitched in?."

I would translate to Spanish but I don't feel like it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If I were Edinson Volquez.....

If I were Edinson Volquez I'd throw strikes and try not to overthrow every pitch in big situations.

Quote Originally Posted by jfleur87 View Post
    If I were Edinson Volquez I'd throw strikes and try not to overthrow every pitch in big situations.
    No kidding. Do you think he is missing the zone on purpose?

I am strictly speaking of Marty's comments today running the guy into the ground.

What did Marty say? I was following the game online.

I'd thank the lord I was playing the Cubs today.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharync View Post
    I would want to have some words with Marty.

Something along the lines of "why don't you come down here old man, and show me how it's done. You speak like you have it all figured out. How many ML games have you ever pitched in?."

I would translate to Spanish but I don't feel like it.
    Many a player could say the same sort of thing to many an announcer. Volquez should focus on his game.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharync View Post
    I am strictly speaking of Marty's comments today running the guy into the ground.
    That is the Marty that I know. Kind of why I like him. Gives credit where credit is due, but he also gets pretty salty on the air. I liken him to a crabby grandpa who will continuously throw racial slurs at the worst possible moment.

Regardless, game ball goes to Sam LeCure, and Volquez should take him out for a steak dinner for preserving the win.

Quote Originally Posted by jfleur87 View Post
    That is the Marty that I know. Kind of why I like him. Gives credit where credit is due, but he also gets pretty salty on the air. I liken him to a crabby grandpa who will continuously throw racial slurs at the worst possible moment.

Regardless, game ball goes to Sam LeCure, and Volquez should take him out for a steak dinner for preserving the win.
    Fair enough. I normally think Marty is a fair guy, I just think he got carried away today. He made Volquez seem like the worst thing that has ever happened to the Reds. Which I am sure we can all agree is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by big boy View Post
    Many a player could say the same sort of thing to many an announcer. Volquez should focus on his game.
    Is that a fact? I grant you, I am new to listening to the Red's on the radio as that is my only option. Is it routine to have your home voice ripping into your own players relentlessly?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    What did Marty say? I was following the game online.
    I should have written the quotes down. It basically boiled down to him making sarcastic remarks every time he threw a ball.

If I were Edinson Volquez.....
    I would cut my dreads so my hat did not fall off when running the bases

I would also get back on the roids because that was the only time I could pitch worth a damn

He has sucked big time this year....the only person he needs to blame is himself. A stint in the bullpen would serve him well...

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    I would cut my dreads so my hat did not fall off when running the bases

I would also get back on the roids because that was the only time I could pitch worth a damn
    He got the win today.

Marty is the best play by play announcer in all of sports, he can say whatever he wants

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Marty is the best play by play announcer in all of sports, he can say whatever he wants
    Ha. Is that a fact? how objective of you.

Turn Off Ads?