Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mesoraco tonight: 0-8 7 LOB so far

Mesoraco tonight: 0-8 7 LOB so far

Mesoraco tonight: 0-8 7 LOB so far,

Haven't seen many worse games at the plate than that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mesoraco tonight: 0-8 7 LOB so far

I saw John Bench strike out 5 times it is 1 game who cares

He struck out twice, so that means six times he put the ball into play.
    He caught all 18 innings.
    Threw out one baserunner on a steal attempt. That was the only stolen base attempt by the other team.

At the plate..sure one of the worst. On the field maybe one of the best.

Corey Patterson went 0-8 with 3K in the lead-off spot on May 25, 2008 when the Reds lost in 18 innings in San Diego by the score of 12-9.

His batting average plummeted from .213 to .201 while the rest of the team clubbed 21 hits.

In my mind, he was the sole reason they lost that game (among many that season).

That was infamous game where Harang came in from the bullpen and pitched four innings of shutout baseball after already pitching starting a game earlier in that series in San Diego.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00805250.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by tomred View Post
    I saw John Bench strike out 5 times it is 1 game who cares
    Doesn't mean I don't like him, I actually am in favor of trying to deal hernandez near the deadline and bring up Mes, but for 0-8 is struggling at the plate. Just interesting as well... can't remember the last time a hitter of his caliber had a night like that.

It's really not that big of a deal. It looks bad because it was in one game, but 0-8 is extremely common.

Quote Originally Posted by jhc2010 View Post

In my mind, he was the sole reason they lost that game (among many that season).

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00805250.shtml
    Not so fast. Weathers blew an 8th inning lead, Cordero blew a save, and Dusty a)shouldn't have pitched Fogg in the 11th, and b) given him enough rope to blow another lead in extra innings. That was the roughest loss I've ever seen.

Turn Off Ads?