Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Board Games

Re: Favorite Board Games

Recently played Agricola, and it's one of my new favs. Takes a little to get into it, but it's a fun experience.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?
    chilsonrolen

Mine favorite board games are: Diplomacy, Anti-Monopoly, Strange Synergy, Fireball Island, History of the World, Break the Safe, Merchant of Venus, Tracks to Telluride, Farlander and Primordial Soup.

Stone Age, 7 Wonders, Forbidden Island, and Puerto Rico

Where do you even buy all these weird games everybody has posted about?

You're pretty much limited to online sites such as Funagain and Boards & Bits unless you live in a city big enough to have a game store. Even then, the best prices are online.

My current favorites are 7 Wonders and a game called "Glory To Rome". There are also a number of good games available for IPad and IPhone; if you have one of those devices that would be a cheaper way to find out if you like this sort of thing.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/

Search for a game, and there is usually a "Shop" link next to each item in the list of results.

Or you can just use Google to get the best prices.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

apples to apples :S

I always liked the board game TROUBLE as a kid. I think I may buy it to take camping next year.

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrietic View Post
    apples to apples :S
    Great game when you're all intoxicated!

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I always liked the board game TROUBLE as a kid.
    Being the old foggy that I am, raised in the 60's, that was more up my alley. Back then you didn't have video games, TV wasn't 24/7 and you were lucky to get 6 channels between VHF/UHF. So we played a lot of the classic board games..... Monopoly, Life, Clue, Sorry, Parchessi, Bingo, Yahtzee, Chinese Checkers. If it was made by Parker Bros, MB, Hasbro, Marx, or Ideal, we had it.

I remember these two....

My brother and I use to play the heck out of this, and I found it again a few years ago.

Last edited by GAC; 12-25-2011 at 06:32 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Got to play 7 Wonders for the first time yesterday. I can see why several people on here listed it as a favorite. Very fun game that we'll have to include into our rotation.

We also played Power Grid. The box looked like it would be a cheapish game but I thought it was a lot of fun. It reminded me of Ticket to Ride but with more strategy/less luck.

Where is the love for Candy Land?

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I love Apples to Apples but I almost always play it with a large group so some of the answers end up being beyond ridiculous.

My favorite board games right now are Scattergories (that counts, right?!) and Cranium. I enjoy the Trivial Pursuit types of games but I usually suck at them which bums me out when I lose badly to everyone else. I'm undefeated in the Pop Culture DVD version though!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?