Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Reds at Astros (5/10/11)

Re: Reds at Astros (5/10/11)

Bray lowers his ERA to 0.69

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Who is pitching for STL? Lohse/Mcllelan/Carpenter? I just hope they avoid Garcia.
    Cardinals have not listed starters yet. Unless the Cardinals have a rainout before the Reds series they will avoid Garcia this time as he is scheduled to pitch Thursday. Carpenter should go on Sunday.

The Reds starters will be Arroyo Friday, Cueto Saturday and Wood Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Cardinals have not listed starters yet. Unless the Cardinals have a rainout before the Reds series they will avoid Garcia this time as he is scheduled to pitch Thursday. Carpenter should go on Sunday.

The Reds starters will be Arroyo Friday, Cueto Saturday and Wood Sunday
    I bet they shift their rotation to have Garcia face us. They did it every single time last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Cubs had Carp at 35 pitches int he 1st....... walks Castro on 4...then G Soto swings at a pitch at his head almost, inside....I kid you not...it was horrible AB and he pops it up.

13 hits in 7 innings and all the Cubs could do was let him pitch into the 7th...and only score 4 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Astros are turning off the lights while Jim Day is interviewing Bailey on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Awesome, Dusty, Awesome.

Man people here confound me to no end.......Chapman had not worked in a few days and you expect him to not let him at least face a few batters with a 7-0 lead? Good grief.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Bray lowers his ERA to 0.69
    Which is now identical to Bailey's ERA! Weird.
    Bailey is also only one win behind the team leaders Arroyo, Volquez, and Leake who have 3 each.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Astros are turning off the lights while Jim Day is interviewing Bailey on the sidelines.
    Of all the pitchers on the Reds staff, Bailey is probably the one I root for the most. For me, he represents the first true organization-arm that broke the trend of awful starting pitching development in Cincinnati. He represents, for me, the long journey away from watching guys like Chris Gruler, Thomas Pauley, Richie Gardner et. al. exploding on their way through the minors.

I really hope Bailey puts it all together this year and can stay at the top of the Reds rotation for a long time.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Man people here confound me to no end.......Chapman had not worked in a few days and you expect him to not let him at least face a few batters with a 7-0 lead? Good grief.
    The guy had thrown 13 balls and 3 strikes. He got to face a few batters, and he hadn't gotten an out in the last 6 batters he's faced. He can't be trusted right now, and it almost cost the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    The guy had thrown 13 balls and 3 strikes. He got to face a few batters, and he hadn't gotten an out in the last 6 batters he's faced. He can't be trusted right now, and it almost cost the Reds.
    Even if the next guy hit a GS it's still 7-4 and I doubt the Astros would be lucky enough to score another run.

I am not happy either......and hope that Price figures out what is wrong ...but Baker is in a tough position not to get down on the guy ...while not letting the game get away.

4-0 and he probably only gets 2 batters at best.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    Bruce with a two run shot into the second deck in right field.
    I called this one to my daughter at the game. I actually said he'd hit the big budweiser sign in right but that I might be asking for a bit much. So he hit it a bit lower. :O)

One other highlight of the night that it looks like many here missed. Towards the end of the game, after a ground ball thrown to Votto at first base, Joey then proceeds to start to throw the ball around the horn. He slings it to Renteria...the problem, there was an Astro runner on third base. As soon as Joey threw it he knew. The great thing was Phillips...he was grinning from ear to ear and ribbing Joey quite a bit. Votto was quite embarrassed. Funny stuff. Brandon's hilarious.

Last thing (besides the Cuban Missile Crisis...good lord he was HORRID) was Homer...he looked phenomenal. Just in total command and a pleasure to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Dusty's comments make me think Janish tomorrow and Rolen Friday.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Serious question, how does Bailey's "stuff" compare to Volquez's? Everyone says Volquez has ace potential, but couldn't you say the same about Homer?
    It all comes down to putting that stuff where you want it on a consistent basis.

Edinson and Homer have great stuff, command of that stuff has been the question so far for both of them.

If either or both of them gain control of their stuff... Watch Out NL Central.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Chapman down, Arredondo up would happen by Friday if I had my way.
    Agreed. IMHO Leake, Chapman and LeCure should be in Louisville starting every five days, Let these guys learn how to pitch in AAA by increasing their pitch counts and innings pitched. Middle Relievers are very volatile and no where near as hard to find as Starters. If Walt doesn't like what he sees, AAA starters have more trade value than middle or long relievers.

Turn Off Ads?