Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566

Thread: 2011 OSU Football-Will Tressel Survive?

Re: 2011 OSU Football-Will Tressel Survive?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I can see OSU winning 4 games to finish out the season. As long as Bauserman doesn't set foot on the field I think OSU is a dangerous team to play. They have a top notch defense which can keep them in most games. They key for the remainder of this season is to see Braxton Miller's development. Throwing only 4 passes in a game is nice but I would hope as the season goes on he will chuck it up more. It may not happen until the Indiana, Purdue, and PSU games.

8-4 is doable and I think 7-5 would be a tremendous disappointment for all Buckeye fans. While it is unlikely to happen I would like to see OSU give Wisconsin all it can handle, especially knowing that Wisconsin has ruined a couple of OSU's great seasons.
    It will be a little odd with OSU being the big underdog to Wisconsin. But a nighttime game at the Shoe with a roaring mega crowd could even things out a little.

Maybe its just me, but Luke Fickell seems to have gotten his feet under him and has some of his deer-in-the-headlights look.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    It will be a little odd with OSU being the big underdog to Wisconsin. But a nighttime game at the Shoe with a roaring mega crowd could even things out a little.

Maybe its just me, but Luke Fickell seems to have gotten his feet under him and has some of his deer-in-the-headlights look.
    Helps when you win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Thanks to Michigan State for making this weeks game matter.

If OSU can limit the penalties, not turn the ball over and complete at least 3 passes they have a shot. Last year Wisky ran all over us. If they can do that again I don't see this game being that close.

New tOSU helmets for the Wisconsin game.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-wp8606
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    New tOSU helmets for the Wisconsin game.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-wp8606
    I used to think OSU would never get into these alternative uniforms. I always have thought the traditional uniforms are the coolest in all of football. OSU, PSU, Michigan, Alabama, ND, to name a few. Only PSU hasn't sold out and created a pro combat uniform. Good for Joe Pa.

I used to think OSU would never get into these alternative uniforms. I always have thought the traditional uniforms are the coolest in all of football. OSU, PSU, Michigan, Alabama, ND, to name a few. Only PSU hasn't sold out and created a pro combat uniform. Good for Joe Pa.
    These are helmets that OSU wore in the 60s. OSU doesn't have a traditional uniform. They have changed their look many times over the years.

I think these look awesome.

Texas and UCLA have my favorite uni's in college football...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Texas and UCLA have my favorite uni's in college football...
    Mike are Oregon, Boise St, and Maryland

I tend to like PSU's overall the best. They are traditional, like the color scheme, and I like how they don't (or at least didn't) have names on the back. For some reason I have always liked those types of uniforms.

I do like Texas helmet. I also like Michigan and USC's. Even though I despise ND I think their traditional uniforms are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    These are helmets that OSU wore in the 60s. OSU doesn't have a traditional uniform. They have changed their look many times over the years.

I think these look awesome.
    I go back a ways, but even I don't remember these.

The new ones are a very stylized 21st century version.

I guess they have to incorporate all of the safety features that have been developed over the last 50 years. But I've always thought it would be interesting if they wore exact copies of the uniforms, pads, helmets, etc. worn then. See how the players play. They'd probably be carting guys off the field left and right.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I guess they have to incorporate all of the safety features that have been developed over the last 50 years. But I've always thought it would be interesting if they wore exact copies of the uniforms, pads, helmets, etc. worn then. See how the players play. They'd probably be carting guys off the field left and right.
    There was an article in the WSJ a few years back suggesting that if you wanted to limit head injuries then play without helmets. IIRC the premiss of the article was that having a helmet allowed you to play harder, lead with your head, and have those viscous hits. If you take off the helmet and you know that if you lead with your head its going to hurt then you will see less ferocious collisions.

I started a new thread as this one has nearly reached the magical plateau.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?