Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566 LastLast

Thread: 2011 OSU Football-Will Tressel Survive?

Re: 2011 OSU Football-Will Tressel Survive?

Is it a bad sign that I was hoping to see some Kenny Guiton in the 4th quarter?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lord love a duck.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Until this week, I wasn't convinced that the Buckeyes should look elsewhere for a coach. I am now. That collapse was inexcusable. The defense wasn't shorthanded. And why the coaching staff thought it would be a good idea to call 8 run plays and 10 pass plays for Bauserman tonight is a question that IMO can never be answered satisfactorily.
    /r/reds

Watching Bauserman play QB is just bizarre. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. I mean, the guy has almost zero chance of even completing a pass. I've never seen a QB that has absolutely NO value to a team on the field at all. They'd be better off letting a RB take the snap and just running every single play. I don't think its hyperbole to think he may be the single worst QB to take a snap this year in the FBS. I feel bad for the guy to be honest. He can't be having any fun.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Watching Bauserman play QB is just bizarre. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. I mean, the guy has almost zero chance of even completing a pass. I've never seen a QB that has absolutely NO value to a team on the field at all. They'd be better off letting a RB take the snap and just running every single play. I don't think its hyperbole to think he may be the single worst QB to take a snap this year in the FBS. I feel bad for the guy to be honest. He can't be having any fun.
    He's simply terrible and has no business being on the field. Totally lost. But when Miller went down, what else you got? I'd have gave the mascot a shot.

But Nebraska, which looked over-matched going into the 3rd quarter on both sides of the ball, made adjustments (lot more option-pass) and Fickle's defense didn't. I knew when Miller went down it was over, but I think we could have pulled it out if he hadn't gone down. Didn't even watch the last 7 minutes of the game.

But I like Braxton, and I think this team has some play makers on it. Just take a deep breath Buck fans as far as getting through 2011.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-09-2011 at 06:48 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Most were expecting a blowout, instead they get a collapse after having a big lead. At least the blowout would have allowed folks to go to bed earlier.

The season from hell continues.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

That loss was on coaching. The run/pass mix when Bauserman came in, not running the ball on 3rd and 13 to set up a field goal, not trying Guiton. Just terrible decisions. Bollman is terrible.

It's almost cruel to put Bauserman into a game. But I also don't understand the play calling when he comes in. Every throw he makes seems to be down field, I have no idea if he's just choosing not to throw to anything underneath, if nobody is open, or what's going on, but it's bizarre. Generally when you have a terrible QB you run a lot of quick routes so they can't hurt themselves too much. Everything with Bauserman is slow to develop and down field.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

The other problem is that the receivers are still young and inexperienced and don't seem to understand how to get separation from a DB. Bauserman had nobody open.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I think the Posey suspension is BS.

But the big blame falls on Gene Smith. Once the NCAA investigators are crawling all over you campus turning over every rock, the onus falls on the head of the department to tell everyone to be scrupulously and squeaky clean because you *know* they'll jump on the slightest thing. That message goes from the top through the coaches and to the players.

You can rail against the rules and holler its not fair, but you *have* to take care of the business at hand once the NCAA is in your kimono. To let further transgressions happen, big or small, is plain stupid and people ought to get fired for it.
    I agree with you but what amazes me is that Smith was so vocal in calling out the NCAA on this one. Let's not forget, they still haven't ruled on OSU's sanctions yet. I figured he'd stay tight lipped until then. They've completely ruined this kid's year and I don't see that he deserved that at all. This has gotten out of hand and they're making an example out of OSU. I'd expect all future penalties against OSU to be overkill as well

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Point was obviously that you of all people shouldn't be calling anyone a homer, had nothing to do with Big 10 vs SEC.
    Sure but you nor anyone else couldn't back it up making it just a useless waste of cyberspace

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Someone forgot to tell the Buckeyes they suck....they're up 27-6 in the third quarter against Nebraska tonight, LOL
    Don't worry Heather. The secret's out now

That loss was on coaching. The run/pass mix when Bauserman came in, not running the ball on 3rd and 13 to set up a field goal, not trying Guiton. Just terrible decisions. Bollman is terrible.

It's almost cruel to put Bauserman into a game. But I also don't understand the play calling when he comes in. Every throw he makes seems to be down field, I have no idea if he's just choosing not to throw to anything underneath, if nobody is open, or what's going on, but it's bizarre. Generally when you have a terrible QB you run a lot of quick routes so they can't hurt themselves too much. Everything with Bauserman is slow to develop and down field.
    I'm amazed to see all the blame put on the coaching. OSU was terribly shorthanded to begin with for obvious reasons but even with all that, I think they win the game if Miller doesn't get hurt. I don't think Fickell has much to work with but he will be the one to take ax for this season. Bauserman is horrible. Do they have a viable QB option other than him with Miller out? It seems to take Bauserman forever to make a decision on where and when to throw the ball and that's the worst quality a QB can have

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Sure but you nor anyone else couldn't back it up making it just a useless waste of cyberspace
    You crow incessantly about the SEC in Buckeyes threads, have done it for years, but then have the gall to call Buckeyes fans homers. If you don't think you're a homer for the SEC then you're delusional.

Tough loss to Georgia btw, guess they're a little better than Buffalo and Montana.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

You crow incessantly about the SEC in Buckeyes threads, have done it for years, but then have the gall to call Buckeyes fans homers. If you don't think you're a homer for the SEC then you're delusional.

Tough loss to Georgia btw, guess they're a little better than Buffalo and Montana.
    That's your opinion but you can't back it up. Not to mention the ridiculous notion of comparing being a homer for a team vs a conference. If I say that the SEC is the best conference in all of college football is that being a homer or is it being realistic?

If I'm a homer for the conference then who do I root for this time of year?

Come on over to the SEC thread and we'll talk Tennessee football

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Come on over to the SEC thread and we'll talk Tennessee football
    I think it's safe to say that this was never the thread for the discussion of SEC football, but that's what you've somehow made it.

Please try and keep the baiting/trolling to a minimum.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?