Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst 50 NFL Head Coaches of All Time

Worst 50 NFL Head Coaches of All Time

I stumbled across this article listing the worst 50 head coaches ever in the NFL.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...es-of-all-time

The most surprising thing is only one Bengal made the list. Only one! Dave Shula stumbled in at #33 and they couldn't even find a picture of him!

Actually I think more Bengals are deserving like Homer Rice, Dick LeBeau and maybe even Tiger Johnson and Bruce Coslet. Heck they even threw in Joe Gibbs because of his last stint as Redskins coach. If they are judging stints rather than a whole career then I think they ought to include Belichick's first go at it with Cleveland.

So what do you think? Did our Bengals get stiffed here? I think we deserve a better representation on that list
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 10-13-2011 at 03:13 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Worst 50 NFL Head Coaches of All Time

No Bruce Coslet = Fail list

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I stumbled across this article listing the worst 50 head coaches ever in the NFL.

http://cdn.optmd.com/V2/77595/192085...99_hawk13.html

The most surprising thing is only one Bengal made the list. Only one! Dave Shula stumbled in at #33 and they couldn't even find a picture of him!

Actually I think more Bengals are deserving like Homer Rice, Dick LeBeau and maybe even Tiger Johnson and Bruce Coslet. Heck they even threw in Joe Gibbs because of his last stint as Redskins coach. If they are judging stints rather than a whole career then I think they ought to include Belichek's first go at it with Cleveland.

So what do you think? Did our Bengals get stiffed here? I think we deserve a better representation on that list
    I think you linked an advertisement by mistake. How to refinance my mortgage was the only thing I saw.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think you linked an advertisement by mistake. How to refinance my mortgage was the only thing I saw.
    Yeah, I was afraid of that. Try this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...es-of-all-time

Bleacher Report makes your average sportswriter look like Edward R. Murrow.

Its bleacherreport, why would you expect it not to have ommisions, errors or falsehoods.

I Heck they even threw in Joe Gibbs because of his last stint as Redskins coach.
    And although it was not the Second Coming we Skins fans had hoped for, the team still made the playoffs in 2 of the 4 years of Gibbs II. His inclusion on this list is pretty dumb. Zorn and Spurrier I can't argue with though.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I would add this guy to the list but he has a Super Bowl to his name. For my money Brian Billick got less out of more than any coach I can remember. He also drafted, develop, molded, and stuck with Kyle Boller.

Les Steckel has to be one of the worst of all time. In less than a season he single handily destroyed what Bud Grant had established with the Vikings. The Vikings had to bring Grant back for a short time after they fired Steckel just to stabilize things with the players.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Bleacher Report makes your average sportswriter look like Edward R. Murrow.
    Yep. Anytime I see bleacher report linked I know its pure crap.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

It seems like it was written by young punks due to it being top heavy with recent head coaches. I'm thinking they haven't even heard of Homer Rice

It seems like it was written by young punks due to it being top heavy with recent head coaches. I'm thinking they haven't even heard of Homer Rice
    Cam Cameron being the worst coach kinda summed it up for me. Granted, he did go 1-15 in his only season, but everybody picked the Dolphins to do poorly that season anyways and his fate was sealed when Parcells was hired.

I would agree too with Joe Gibbs second coming. If thats the case then Belichick's time in Cleveland deserves a nod. Or Dennis Green with the Cardinals.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    No Bruce Coslet = Fail list
    I see your Bruce Coslet and raise you Novel Turner. I have never seen a guy get more chances and prove to be mediocre and still be respected as a head coach option.

And the Raider representation on this list is a joke Art Shell is much worse than that 23ish rating. No mention of a bunch of guys who should be (pretty much any coach the Raiders have hired since Madden/Flores era, sans Cable and Gruden).
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Rick Venturi should have been on the list, I think he won a total of 1 game in two stints as an interim.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Rick Venturi should have been on the list, I think he won a total of 1 game in two stints as an interim.
    I stand corrected, he was 2-17 as an nfl head coach and 1-31-1 as head coach at Northwestern.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?