Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 OSU Football-Will Tressel Survive?

Re: 2011 OSU Football-Will Tressel Survive?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Here might be your paper trail:

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/exclus...to-pryor-29745

(I don't know how verifiable the source is, so take this for whatever it's worth)

If the claim in this blog post that OSU ordered Talbott to disassociate himself from the program is true, then does it not stand to reason OSU knew this was going on?
    Hard to say. One thing to keep in mind is that schools self-report a lot of violations every year that you never hear about. There have been several high-profile athletes at major schools that were technically ruled ineligible and then had their eligibility restored and the fans never would have known. It's possible that this individual did commit violations before that OSU reported and then had him disassociate from the program, but it doesn't mean they can physically stop him from doing what he's going to do.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Really? Checks for this type of activity? Sweet mama.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Here might be your paper trail:

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/exclus...to-pryor-29745

(I don't know how verifiable the source is, so take this for whatever it's worth)

If the claim in this blog post that OSU ordered Talbott to disassociate himself from the program is true, then does it not stand to reason OSU knew this was going on?
    This is starting to look like things are going to get bad. The SBB story suggest he NCAA recently cited OSU for Talbott/Pryor dealings. The specifics of recently could be very important. Could that explain the about face on Tressel too?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Man, first Tressel resigns, in the best interest of OSU football, now Pryor leaves for the good of the school and his teammates. OSU is lucky to have two outstanding citizens like this that are looking out for the interest of their school. This is the joke that college sports has become.

But...but...but... he promised he would stay for his senior season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

What a lovely mess this has all turned out to be.

Good riddance to Pryor. Always a punk and now a quitter.

Bah, I say, bah.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Man, first Tressel resigns, in the best interest of OSU football, now Pryor leaves for the good of the school and his teammates. OSU is lucky to have two outstanding citizens like this that are looking out for the interest of their school. This is the joke that college sports has become.
    Exactly. I'm going to go back to my naive theme. You've got to be naive to think there's not a big reason for Tressel and Pryor to quit. My 2nd theme was OSU's future was tied to Pryor being clean and that's not a good place to be.

OSU is in big, big trouble folks and the NCAA is NOT going to just look at their self imposed sanctions and say "OK, fine".

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Reminds me of that line from "Cool Hand Luke" when the Cap'n tells him he's punishing him for his own good. Luke tells him, "I wish you'd stop bein' so good to me, Cap'n." I'll bet tOSU fans wish guys like Tressell and Pryor would stop being so good to tOSU.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

The scary thing with Talbott is he is (or was) a member of the media. How do you keep that guy away from the program. He's not an agent, or a runner or a booster. Half of the pictures of major sports sites from OSU games are of pictures this guy has taken.

There is also no way that this guy pay Pryor with personal checks with his name on them that Pryor then turned around and deposited into his own personal checking account right? I'm pretty sure they cover that first day in the SEC class How to Not Get Caught Doing Bad Stuff 101.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they cover that first day in the SEC class How to Not Get Caught Doing Bad Stuff 101.
    And they teach that class in Columbus? Where do they get the moonshine and grits?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    And they teach that class in Columbus? Where do they get the moonshine and grits?
    If they do they need a new professor.

It goes on and on. UK Basketball in the late 80's, Miami Football in the 90's, USC Football recently, OSU now etc., etc. College sports are the biggest sham going. I used to love them, but these recent scandals have done me in.

The scary thing with Talbott is he is (or was) a member of the media. How do you keep that guy away from the program. He's not an agent, or a runner or a booster. Half of the pictures of major sports sites from OSU games are of pictures this guy has taken.

There is also no way that this guy pay Pryor with personal checks with his name on them that Pryor then turned around and deposited into his own personal checking account right? I'm pretty sure they cover that first day in the SEC class How to Not Get Caught Doing Bad Stuff 101.
    Exactly, Pryor has to be smart enough to say no.

This program is going to get absolutely destroyed by the NCAA. Gene Smith will eventually lose his job. And Gordon Gee may not be far behind.

The scary thing with Talbott is he is (or was) a member of the media. How do you keep that guy away from the program.
    You don't give him press credentials.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?