Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 OSU Football-Will Tressel Survive?

Re: 2011 OSU Football-Will Tressel Survive?

Soooo Miami game. Looking forward to it. Always a little nervous for the first road trip and we didn't look to stellar last week. I'm thinking something like a 31-20 type win, but a pretty close game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Soooo Miami game. Looking forward to it. Always a little nervous for the first road trip and we didn't look to stellar last week. I'm thinking something like a 31-20 type win, but a pretty close game.
    Honestly, I feel like a loss is coming, and maybe resoundingly so. Miami is getting several key players back, and they offer the Canes the type of experience that we simply don't have for the most part. I don't know how our offensive line controls their D-line and linebackers, and the youth of our receivers will make it tough to get open in the secondary. I think the defense will have a decent game, but I don't expect Jacory Harris to repeat last year's performance as far as the turnovers go.

I don't think the Toledo game was a fluke. I think big time trouble is on the horizon, and we may be hitting a patch of turbulence until we find our true identity.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Can set your watch to the SEC police coming into every college football thread making sure everyone else knows about SEC superiority, even a thread about a specific team in another conference. It's ruined any chance of decent college football talk on this forum.
    Ahh c'mon. Admit it. You love seeing the SEC folks pop in from time time. What would you do without us?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Ahh c'mon. Admit it. You love seeing the SEC folks pop in from time time. What would you do without us?
    Actually have a decent discussion about the current team and season?

I'll be at the Reds game Saturday night so I'll have to follow the Buckeye game on my phone but I'm hoping for a good game and a victory for the Bucks. I'm still trying to be an optimist even though this board is doing it's best to beat it all out of me.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Honestly, I feel like a loss is coming, and maybe resoundingly so. Miami is getting several key players back, and they offer the Canes the type of experience that we simply don't have for the most part. I don't know how our offensive line controls their D-line and linebackers, and the youth of our receivers will make it tough to get open in the secondary. I think the defense will have a decent game, but I don't expect Jacory Harris to repeat last year's performance as far as the turnovers go.

I don't think the Toledo game was a fluke. I think big time trouble is on the horizon, and we may be hitting a patch of turbulence until we find our true identity.
    I can see us losing. Really you can't take anything for what either team has done so far this season. Miami was missing a ton in their loss and was on the road. I'll be interested to see how Toledo does against Boise tomorrow night. Eric Page will be the best player on the field, just like he was in Columbus, and when you have that you have a chance.

I hope Fickell works in Braxton more. OSU with Joe Bauserman is a 9-3 team. With Miller they might be a 9-3 team, but they also COULD win them all with him. I just don't see that happening with Joe B taking all the snaps.

For a Level Playing Field

I hope Fickell works in Braxton more. OSU with Joe Bauserman is a 9-3 team. With Miller they might be a 9-3 team, but they also COULD win them all with him. I just don't see that happening with Joe B taking all the snaps.
    Justin Zwick part II. I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It does get old
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I can see us losing. Really you can't take anything for what either team has done so far this season. Miami was missing a ton in their loss and was on the road. I'll be interested to see how Toledo does against Boise tomorrow night. Eric Page will be the best player on the field, just like he was in Columbus, and when you have that you have a chance.

I am conflicted as to how good Toledo is compared to how poorly Miami played. I was at the game so I was unable to get the "good TV" views but after seeing some of the replay Toledo was walking 8-9 into the box. You can't run against that successfully and Bauserman wasn't making the throws when he needed to.

As for the QB situation here is what I think. Fickel wasn't going to be the first coach to lose to an in state opponent before WWII. He thought Bauserman could win that game whereas Miller could potentially lose the game by making freshman mistakes. I don't agree with that logic but it was as conservative as it gets.

I think Fickell becomes a better coach with a loss. He gets the monkey off his back and he has more free reign. He soon will realize that he has a great platform to show what kind of coach he really is. I think he needs to let loose and coach, not worry about losing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Actually have a decent discussion about the current team and season?

I'll be at the Reds game Saturday night so I'll have to follow the Buckeye game on my phone but I'm hoping for a good game and a victory for the Bucks. I'm still trying to be an optimist even though this board is doing it's best to beat it all out of me.
    Heather, discussing the team's 2011 schedule is talking about the season. If all you want is "rah, rah, OSU is great", you'll be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    It does get old
    Gets old? I haven't checked in for months. You make it sound like I've been dogging you all year.

You'll get your chance to get back at me. I see OSU and Tennessee on a collision course for a Bowl game on Jan 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I am conflicted as to how good Toledo is compared to how poorly Miami played. I was at the game so I was unable to get the "good TV" views but after seeing some of the replay Toledo was walking 8-9 into the box. You can't run against that successfully and Bauserman wasn't making the throws when he needed to.
    It is a shame Hall was ineligible for the Toledo game. Cutbacks for big yards were for the taking. Hyde doesn't have the vision to take advantage, I really think Hall does.

Teams are going to dare Bauserman to throw. And it is obvious that when in doubt, he's going to take the safe play (check down or throw it out-of-bounds). But he is going to have to hit one or two deep balls a game to beat good teams. They were there against Toledo. They'll probably be there against Miami.

This game isn't OU going into FSU.... If OSU is a legit contender for the Big10 crown, Miami shouldn't be a daunting challenge.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    This game isn't OU going into FSU.... If OSU is a legit contender for the Big10 crown, Miami shouldn't be a daunting challenge.
    Ohio State will still be without arguably their 3 best offensive players (Boom, Posey, and Adams). Losing Saturday doesn't mean they can't win the Big 10 when they will be at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I just want to point out that Ohio State is starting three seniors total, Bauserman, Brewster, and Schugarts. Talk of BigTen crowns is premature.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

As for the QB situation here is what I think. Fickel wasn't going to be the first coach to lose to an in state opponent before WWII. He thought Bauserman could win that game whereas Miller could potentially lose the game by making freshman mistakes. I don't agree with that logic but it was as conservative as it gets.

I think Fickell becomes a better coach with a loss. He gets the monkey off his back and he has more free reign. He soon will realize that he has a great platform to show what kind of coach he really is. I think he needs to let loose and coach, not worry about losing.

I agree that Fickell shouldn't coach to "not lose", but I don't feel that a loss would help him. He is already in a difficult position and if he loses the Ohio State crazy fans are going to become a lot more vocal and I think that pressure he is feeling now would only get worse.

Turn Off Ads?