Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rolen back Friday?

Rolen back Friday?

They just said on FSN that Rolen could be back Friday for the St. Louis series, that would be Huge! Can't wait to see him back in the lineup!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rolen back Friday?

no to be a downer but I won't get excited til Rolen can
    A. Stay Healthy
    B. Hit Plus .250

I think that he can and I'm sure a lot of his bad hitting was probably due to his injury.

I see what you did there, Rolen, Back. J/K, I hope he comes back (dag, there I go again) healthy and ready to go, we need him!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I would prefer to see Rolen go to Louisville or even Dayton and play a couple of games to get his swing back and get some actual game action in and see how the pain or lack there of it is...

As much as we thrive off of Rolen's calmness I am not sure if this is a great idea, he is coming off a back injury and is going to be a little rusty I think. I would rather have Valaika for a couple days...
    The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be! -Bret Hart

Rolen is no better than KGJ, stays hurt all of the time, ties up salary, and is waisting a roster spot. I like Rolen when he plays but am VERY frustrated with him right now, the same type of frustration KGJ gave me 2001-2005.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Rolen is no better than KGJ, stays hurt all of the time, ties up salary, and is waisting a roster spot. I like Rolen when he plays but am VERY frustrated with him right now, the same type of frustration KGJ gave me 2001-2005.
    I couldn't possibly disagree with this more. Rolen is the perfect example of a competitive grind it out baseball player. This is just my opinion, but I think Griffey had a lazy laid back mentality, and didn't have the same personality about it at all. Rolen has added a ton to this team over the last couple years, and hes another decent bat in the lineup that could possibly hurt a team if phillips and votto get on. I like Rolen, even though he's injury prone and getting older.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I couldn't possibly disagree with this more. Rolen is the perfect example of a competitive grind it out baseball player. This is just my opinion, but I think Griffey had a lazy laid back mentality, and didn't have the same personality about it at all. Rolen has added a ton to this team over the last couple years, and hes another decent bat in the lineup that could possibly hurt a team if phillips and votto get on. I like Rolen, even though he's injury prone and getting older.
    I like Rolen as well, I'm just very frustrated with him right now, is he really that hurt? Doesn't he realize that he don't have much time to go in pro-ball? If I were him I would find a way to get back on that field...you have the rest of your life to be mediocre!

I like Rolen as well, I'm just very frustrated with him right now, is he really that hurt? Doesn't he realize that he don't have much time to go in pro-ball? If I were him I would find a way to get back on that field...you have the rest of your life to be mediocre!
    so you want a player who couldn't even lift his arm above his head or swing a bat to play no matter what? Really....

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    so you want a player who couldn't even lift his arm above his head or swing a bat to play no matter what? Really....
    Well we do have someone on this team that grinds it through injuries...

WWBPD?

WWBPD?
    I think BP also exaggerates his injuries. I love Phillips, but no one would deny that he loves attention, and I think he plays up his injuries a lot of times when he's not really all that hurt. In football we like to refer to them as "benjuries" (Roethlisberger)

You can't possibly be serious...

WWBPD?
    Yea and how stupid was that. You don't play hurt, you do no good to your body and you harm your team. A player who plays hurt is just flat out selfish.

Not sure how old you are or your back situation but a bad back is something out of your control and once you hurt it, its gone. I can literally just stand up funny sometimes and be down and cant move for days. I am only 36 but hurt my back bad @ 7 years ago and it has never been the same. When it goes out, there isnt a thing in the world I can do-I cant get up to go pee, let alone bend over and field a ground ball. My dad has a bad back and I used to think like you said above, just get over it, move past, cant be that bad. It is.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

The notion of a baseball player being "completely healthy" at any point during the season is absurd. Everyone has bumps/bruises. Guys can play hurt, but playing through injuries is just stupid. There IS a difference between hurt/injured. Rolen is a guy who we will have to "coax" through the season. What really matters is that, for the stretch run, that he's as fresh as possible. He's not a 162 guy anymore.

Turn Off Ads?