Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 WVU Football Thread

Re: 2011 WVU Football Thread

Just saw on the bottom of the ESPNNews ticker where the Big East is now trying to get involved.

Big East is looking to add Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, and possibly Baylor and Iowa State.

The Big East is already ridiculous enough in terms of size. Now its just going for overkill. They really need to just rename the conference in general because geographically nothing about it makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The basketball only schools need to spin themselves off.

If the big12-3 survives they will grab tcu first.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The Big East is already ridiculous enough in terms of size. Now its just going for overkill. They really need to just rename the conference in general because geographically nothing about it makes sense.
    "The Big East" makes more sense IMO than a conference made up of 12 schools calling itself "The Big 10" or a conference of 9 or 10 schools calling itself "The Big 12."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    "The Big East" makes more sense IMO than a conference made up of 12 schools calling itself "The Big 10" or a conference of 9 or 10 schools calling itself "The Big 12."
    The conferences need to do away with "Big" and/or a number in their names, and just call themselves "Larry" or "Bill" or "Clyde."
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I'm still in favor of 'These Guys' 'Those Guys'.
    Go Gators!

WVU trailed 12-10 at halftime before erupting for 28 points in the third quarter on route to a 55-12 blowout of Norfolk State.

Geno finished with 371 yards passing and 4 TDs.

They are still learning Holgorsen's offense and I really think not getting a full game in against the Herd probably messed up the rhythm, but the real test will be next week at Maryland.

With Oklahoma traveling to Tallahassee next Saturday in a battle of top 5 teams, LSU could be coming into Morgantown ranked no 1 the following week.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

btw, congrats to Marshall on beating Southern Miss. That was a good win for them.

Just saw this while ago:

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/page.cfm...ws&story=19264

This is what the bottom part "should" read:

I would like to request that if you see someone wearing one of these t-shirts that you politely ask him or her to change or to cover it up. Even wearing it inside-out would be an improvement. As you know, we have a big home football game against LSU coming up next Saturday and we would like to present a more favorable image to the SEC so we can receive an invitation to join.

Soooooo there is kind of a big game in Morgantown this weekend. Aaaaaand I'm kind of flying in from Chicago for it. Sooooooooo.... yeah.... I'm a little bit excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Soooooo there is kind of a big game in Morgantown this weekend. Aaaaaand I'm kind of flying in from Chicago for it. Sooooooooo.... yeah.... I'm a little bit excited.
    oh really... I hadn't heard I guess you're coming back for the men's soccer match against South Florida right?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    So should we look for you on College Gameday leading the "SEC" chants?

PS: I've been fairly indifferent to WVU outside of when Kentucky plays them, but when you play Louisville later this season, please kick their ass. Your new neighbors in the SEC would be eternally grateful.
    Last edited by WVRed; 09-19-2011 at 05:07 PM.

So should we look for you on College Gameday leading the "SEC" chants?

PS: I've been fairly indifferent to WVU outside of when Kentucky plays them, but when you play Louisville later this season, please kick their ass. Your new neighbors in the SEC would be eternally grateful.
    Some good ideas I've seen are "The ACC stole my other sign", or "The ACC robbed our house but only stole our trash."

Despite following every snap of WVU football for many, many years, I still have the same opinion of this game that I have of any game. I just have no idea what is going to happen.

LSU is going to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I fear that Geno is going to be running for his life for most of the night, and may not even last through this game. I'd be amazed if WVU ran the ball for over 50 yards, honestly. The offensive line gets no push, and the freshman backs don't seem to be elite athletes.

The obvous question is, can they throw on LSU? Remains to be seen, obviously. I'm ecstatic about the trio of Austin, Bailey, and McCartney, but this is their first true test of the season.

Despite LSU not having the most impressive offense, I'm concerned about being able to stop the running game. The 2nd half was not a very impressive performance last week, as the depth just simply isn't there.

Saturday can't get here soon enough.

The crowd is going to be the craziest its been since the Miami game in 1993.

Turnovers was pretty much the Mountaineers undoing tonight as WVU lost 47-21 in their initiation into the SEC.

The more I watch WVU, this offense is a carbon copy of the Air Raid offense that Kentucky ran during the 1990s. It will work in the Big East and even the Big 12 and maybe the ACC, but the SEC has the speed and athleticism to beat teams with it, as LSU showed tonight. If WVU ends up in the SEC, they are going to have to make some adjustments or they will end up middle of the pack.

LSU isn't flashy, but they do just enough to win. The first two TD's took the air right out of Mountaineer Field and even with surges by WVU, I don't think they ever really took it back.

Turnovers was pretty much the Mountaineers undoing tonight as WVU lost 47-21 in their initiation into the SEC.

The more I watch WVU, this offense is a carbon copy of the Air Raid offense that Kentucky ran during the 1990s. It will work in the Big East and even the Big 12 and maybe the ACC, but the SEC has the speed and athleticism to beat teams with it, as LSU showed tonight. If WVU ends up in the SEC, they are going to have to make some adjustments or they will end up middle of the pack.

LSU isn't flashy, but they do just enough to win. The first two TD's took the air right out of Mountaineer Field and even with surges by WVU, I don't think they ever really took it back.
    Geno put up 400+ yards through the air. I think Holgs would be fine in the SEC with time to recruit that caliber of athletes.

I was impressed by our offense tonight, they really played well (save the turnovers and the early adrenaline personal foul on the opening drive). Geno had plenty of time to throw all night, not one sack allowed (unless you count that personal foul). I really think Holgs has us in the best position offensively since White and Slaton were running all over the place.

The defense on the other hand tried to keep us in the game in the first half but WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many arm tackles and whiffs against a team the caliber of LSU. I also know we lost 8 starters from last years d. I hope almost all next week they are hitting the tackle dummies and practicing wrapping up.

Special Teams must still be coached by Bill Stewart and the whiffs on the KO return were sickening.

In closing A million lessons are learned in a loss. I think we saw a glimpse of what this team is capable of offensively there to start the 2nd half. And after watching some of our future opponents USF is the only one that really scares me but "any given saturday".
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

SEC commissioner was apparently supposedly in attendance tonight hopefully he enjoyed himself and we proved that we were indeed an SEC type program tonight. And Oliver had a chance to discuss the future.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?