Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cubbies dismantle the Cards

Cubbies dismantle the Cards

They left in their worst starter (Westbrook) in until he had 5 ERs in 3 innings. Then he was relieved by the worst reliever in all of baseball (Franklin) to give up another 4 in the next 3 innings.

They benched Holliday, Berkman and Pujols to guarentee a Cub win with lots of game left. It was like a gift game.

The big 2, Holliday and Berkman are 0 for the series with about 7 strikeouts between them. Rasmus in centerfield looked like Soriano out there. Just awful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cubbies dismantle the Cards

They really missed Tony LaRussa's managerial GENIUS impact.

(in all seriousness, can't stand the guy, but hope he's ok)

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    They really missed Tony LaRussa's managerial GENIUS impact.

(in all seriousness, can't stand the guy, but hope he's ok)
    Last I heard, he may not be back for a month. This shingles thing seems to be pretty serious. He let it go too long before getting treatment. What the heck IS shingles anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Last I heard, he may not be back for a month. This shingles thing seems to be pretty serious. He let it go too long before getting treatment. What the heck IS shingles anyway?
    You don't want to know, very painful...

With the way Volquez pitched yesterday we should have been dismantled. It can happen to anyone. The Cards are playing good this year and I'm not about to talk trash about one of there loses because they have owned us the last 2 seasons. The Reds really need to take this series this weekend.

Its what keeps the rain from coming through your roof.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

This was one game, we got dismantled last year as well at least once. Don't think for a second the Cards are going away anytime soon. I think the saying "Every now and then even a bling squirrel finds a nut" applies here.
    The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be! -Bret Hart

Not going so well for the Cubs today. Cards up 5-0. Cubs have 3 hits, but Garcia has only needed 30 pitches to get through 3 innings.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

How is Carpenter going to explain the Shingles to his son?
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Dissident

What the heck IS shingles anyway?
    Shingles is caused by the virus that causes chicken pox. If you had chicken pox, the virus is never completely eradicated in your body, and can re-emerge if your immune system is weakened. Blisters and rash are the worst symptoms.

And btw, the Cards blew out the Cubs today.
    Central Division Champions - 1996, 2000, 2002, 2004-6, 2009
    NL Champions 2004, 2006, 2011
    World Champions 2006, 2011

Man, I don't think this magdal even roots for a team. Just roots against the Cardinals at every forum. I'm not sure I've ever seen a thread that wasn't Cardinals centric posted by magdal.

EDIT: magdal has...
    started 10 threads at northsidebaseball, 7 of them about the Cardinals.
    started 64 threads here at redszone, 46 about the Cardinals.

So odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Man, I don't think this magdal even roots for a team. Just roots against the Cardinals at every forum. I'm not sure I've ever seen a thread that wasn't Cardinals centric posted by magdal.

So odd.

Stats don't lie! Mad gal is a Cardinals hater that trolls NL central forums hating on the Cardinals. She is the furthest thing from a fan

I Love Birds

They left in their worst starter (Westbrook) in until he had 5 ERs in 3 innings. Then he was relieved by the worst reliever in all of baseball (Franklin) to give up another 4 in the next 3 innings.

They benched Holliday, Berkman and Pujols to guarentee a Cub win with lots of game left. It was like a gift game.

The big 2, Holliday and Berkman are 0 for the series with about 7 strikeouts between them. Rasmus in centerfield looked like Soriano out there. Just awful.
    In game one, Holliday had an rbi hit in his first at bat, then the K's piled up, but he wasn't (along with Berkman) 0-7. Also, Pujols was NOT benched in game 2. He came out of the game when we were trailing. In fact, he drove in 2 of our runs.

Rasmus threw a guy out at the plate. He never did that last year. He is improving last year and looks nothing like Soriano.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

I Love Birds

There is no cure so he didn't exactly let it go too long. The only thing that helps is rest. He would rest before and after games, but obviously it wasn't enough.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

I Love Birds

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post

So odd.
    I wouldn't care so much if she/he was factual, but he/she is constantly getting things wrong.

Turn Off Ads?