Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott Podsednik available

Scott Podsednik available

Just want to throw it out there that he is being relieved of his minor league contract. Worth a pickup?? Could play left and lead off...
    The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be! -Bret Hart

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Scott Podsednik available

Quote Originally Posted by jrandal9 View Post
    Just want to throw it out there that he is being relieved of his minor league contract. Worth a pickup?? Could play left and lead off...
    Really? I mean come on if Dusty isn't going to play either Fred Lewis or Chris Heisey in the place of Johnny gomes, what makes you think he would play this guy? Also this guy ain't better then what we have...

I really hope you're joking lol.

In the event that you're not... No, when a guy is relieved of a minor league contract that is usually not a sign that he is worthy of a pick-up to join your major league club, start and bat lead off.

If he promises to wear a Mohawk....maybe.

Lewis and Gomes need to be PHer, Heisey HAS TO BE YOUR EVERYDAY LFer, Duhhhhhhhhhhsty is an utter moron and I would tell that to his fat face.

Well, I first want to let you know he was GRANTED his release and was not just let go. I can tell you that anyone batting above the mendoza line is a better option then our friend Gomes out in left right now, love him but dear god he is hacktastic. Only thing I would like from Podsednik is his base stealing ability, he is good for 30 a year just about. His line in the Minors so far is .254/.366/.356 batting line across 71 plate appearances. 3 stolen bases in 3 chances.

Classy move by the Jays in granting him his request. A big league team will sign him and this seemed post worthy
    The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be! -Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I really hope you're joking lol.

In the event that you're not... No, when a guy is relieved of a minor league contract that is usually not a sign that he is worthy of a pick-up to join your major league club, start and bat lead off.
    He asked for his release.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Lewis and Gomes need to be PHer, Heisey HAS TO BE YOUR EVERYDAY LFer, Duhhhhhhhhhhsty is an utter moron and I would tell that to his fat face.
    Ouch, that's a little harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jrandal9 View Post
    Well, I first want to let you know he was GRANTED his release and was not just let go. I can tell you that anyone batting above the mendoza line is a better option then our friend Gomes out in left right now, love him but dear god he is hacktastic. Only thing I would like from Podsednik is his base stealing ability, he is good for 30 a year just about. His line in the Minors so far is .254/.366/.356 batting line across 71 plate appearances. 3 stolen bases in 3 chances.

Classy move by the Jays in granting him his request. A big league team will sign him and this seemed post worthy
    It was a classy move by the Jays and it is postworthy. However, the Jays current leftfielder is Travis Snider and he stinks right now. He is young so maybe Toronto is just gonna bite the bullet and keep sending him out there. However, their fourth outfielder is Rajai Davis. He also stinks right now and is not a kid. So if the Jays still feel he is a a better option than Scott Posednik I think that is telling.

Speaking of the Blue Jays, Corey Patterson is their CF. Good luck with that. And former stathead favorite Edwin Encarnacion is still trying to put things together - .629 OPS and miserable (7 errors in 15 starts at 3B) fielding. They sure loved him here on Redszone though.

It seems like Scott is available 2 to 3 times per season. His name has surfaced on Redzone far too often. My vote is a resounding no.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Can anyone possibly explain to me what's wrong with Heisey?

We seem to be trying to find every way possible not to play the guy.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Can anyone possibly explain to me what's wrong with Heisey?

We seem to be trying to find every way possible not to play the guy.
    Two words or maybe four words.

1) Dusty Baker.
    2) Veteran Creaminess.

It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Speaking of the Blue Jays, Corey Patterson is their CF. Good luck with that. And former stathead favorite Edwin Encarnacion is still trying to put things together - .629 OPS and miserable (7 errors in 15 starts at 3B) fielding. They sure loved him here on Redszone though.
    Nothing against the guy personally (don't know him), but I never understood the love affair RedsZone had with Encarnacion. I don't know if he had a good xPORT or UFO-69 or what...but it seemed pretty obvious to me by just watching him hit and field (two pretty important factors in baseball) that he didn't look to be anything more than an average baseball player.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

www.OnCampusSports.com -- college sports covered by college students

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    Nothing against the guy personally (don't know him), but I never understood the love affair RedsZone had with Encarnacion. I don't know if he had a good xPORT or UFO-69 or what...but it seemed pretty obvious to me by just watching him hit and field (two pretty important factors in baseball) that he didn't look to be anything more than an average baseball player.
    I confess I am not a stats/saber guy at all, I just like the game itself, but what is xPORT and UFO-69. That said, I was never impressed with him as a player, and feel Juan Fran is basically the same player. He was prob liked at first cause he was a prospect and laid hopes of a long term 3'rd baseman for Cincy, so prob more benefit of that hope and not based on anything actual.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?