Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pujols hugs Cubs GM Hendry

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Pujols hugs Cubs GM Hendry

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/53033...cardinals.html

Yep. He's a future Cub.

Say bye-bye Cardinal fans.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pujols hugs Cubs GM Hendry

Much ado about nothing.

who cares

I Love Birds

While I don't like seeing our superstar hugging any member of the opposition, I'm not upset at all. Pujols knows a ton of people in baseball and it's not the first time I've seen him hug a guy in another uniform.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Swampturkey View Post
    While I don't like seeing our superstar hugging any member of the opposition, I'm not upset at all. Pujols knows a ton of people in baseball and it's not the first time I've seen him hug a guy in another uniform.
    Really?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

I Love Birds

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Really?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    I see lots of reds hugging Cardinals at Busch Stadium as well. In particular, Scott Rolen, Miguel Cairo, Edgar Renteria...just to name a few.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Huggin' a former teamate and friend is one thing, but given his contract situation this is quite another. It was a calculated gesture, probably thought up by his agent. (Boras?)

Not there is anything wrong with that either.

I wouldn't be shocked if Pujols signs with someone else, but I would be shocked if he signed with the Cubs. He wants to be a winner and he also wants to get paid. He could only accomplish 1 of the 2 if he signed with the Cubs.

I think it's a shot across the Cardinals bow. Pujols himself said he knew it would cause some media stuff when he did it.

Innocent? In some senses, yeah. But I think he also knew it woul.d help ease open the Cardinals pocket book. After all, there could be nothing worse then Pujols signing with the Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by 10xWSChamps View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if Pujols signs with someone else, but I would be shocked if he signed with the Cubs. He wants to be a winner and he also wants to get paid. He could only accomplish 1 of the 2 if he signed with the Cubs.

I think it's a shot across the Cardinals bow. Pujols himself said he knew it would cause some media stuff when he did it.

Innocent? In some senses, yeah. But I think he also knew it woul.d help ease open the Cardinals pocket book. After all, there could be nothing worse then Pujols signing with the Cubs
    Yes there could...signing with the Cardinals.

Albert doesn't look like his old self. I used to fear him coming to the plate. Now, I'm more worried about Holliday.

This is a huge non-story.

Hopefully he gets what he deserves from the Cubs or someone else....it's a crime the crappy contract he signed with the Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Hopefully he gets what he deserves from the Cubs or someone else....it's a crime the crappy contract he signed with the Cards.
    At the time he signed it, it was good. Other rediculas salaries have devalued it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Albert doesn't look like his old self. I used to fear him coming to the plate. Now, I'm more worried about Holliday.
    I told you boys that weeks ago. Wait 'till you see him and judge for yourself, I said. You see him. At least YOU are getting the picture Votto.

You're seeing the decline of the Cardinals franchise right before your eyes.

Pujols isn't the same.
    Berkman is coming back to earth and age is catching up to him after a momentary hot start.
    Larussa will retire after this season.
    Holliday won't have any protection in the lineup.
    Their farm system is in shambles.

It's a wonderful time to be a Reds fan.

Turn Off Ads?