Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 mile line for a hamburger?

3 mile line for a hamburger?

I guess it wasn't a white castle.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_861172.html

In-N-Out Burger, the extremely popular and fanatically-followed California-based burger chain, has long remained a staple of the western United States.
    But on Wednesday, May 11, history was made. The first two In-N-Out Burger restaurants east of Arizona opened up in Frisco and Allen, Texas.
    The response has been overwhelming thus far. Many customers camped overnight in the parking lot on Tuesday, hoping to be the first to taste the legendary burger, while others waited for hours in the lengthy drive-thru line, which stretched over two miles during the lunchtime rush on Wednesday.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3 mile line for a hamburger?

If you've ever had it you'd understand.

A cheeseburger animal style with animal style fries and a shake might be the greatest meal ever.

In-n-Out is good. It isn't that good.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    In-n-Out is good. It isn't that good.
    I agree. However, some people go nuts over them.

And they opened a 5 Guys, a couple year ago on North Island, Coronado. Overpriced and long waits. Ok burger, just not the best.
    Last edited by RBA; 05-13-2011 at 12:11 PM.

When Krispy Kreme opened in Rhode Island a few years ago, I think it was its first NE location and the lines and traffic in that area became horrific. It quickly petered out and the store was shut within 2 years, if not shorter than that. I regularly ran into spots where the lines to get into a Dunkin Donut were out onto a road and blocking my commute, even though Dunkin' was/is on just about every block there.

Any burger that does not contain ground brisket, kobe beef, or rib meat does not warrant a wait longer than one hour. Unless it's the only burger joint within an hour's drive...
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Don't understand all the hype around fast food burgers. They all leave you feeling bloated and lethargic afterwards. Just give me a charcoal grill and a pound of lean ground beef and I'll cook myself a real hamburger.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Don't understand all the hype around fast food burgers. They all leave you feeling bloated and lethargic afterwards. Just give me a charcoal grill and a pound of lean ground beef and I'll cook myself a real hamburger.
    In and Out doesn't taste like any fast food hamburger. Trust me.

If a teenager (in a box of a building,an exit off the freeway) hands me a burger through a window and they are wearing a uniform with a logo on it then I'm lead to believe I'm eating fast food.

No matter how it tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    If a teenager (in a box of a building,an exit off the freeway) hands me a burger through a window and they are wearing a uniform with a logo on it then I'm lead to believe I'm eating fast food.

No matter how it tastes.
    I didn't say it wasn't fast food. I said it doesn't taste like fast food.

In and Out has a very fresh taste to it. I believe part of the reason they have resisted expansion is because they don't want to risk quality by using different suppliers and farms.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I didn't say it wasn't fast food. I said it doesn't taste like fast food.

In and Out has a very fresh taste to it. I believe part of the reason they have resisted expansion is because they don't want to risk quality by using different suppliers and farms.
    They also cook on order IIRC, so they aren't staging your food while you sit in traffic

Those are some good burgers, Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    If you've ever had it you'd understand.

A cheeseburger animal style with animal style fries and a shake might be the greatest meal ever.
    Just for the record, animal style means covered in cheese, grilled onions and thousand island dressing.

It takes all my will power not to have that every day.

I have vegetarian friends who order their animal style grilled cheese (same but without the burger), and healthier friends who order their burger protein style, in which it is wrapped in a huge lettuce leaf instead of a bun.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    They also cook on order IIRC, so they aren't staging your food while you sit in traffic
    That's correct which is why I believe they do have a decent burger. The fries on the other hand are awful.

They just opened the third one in the county I live in which is the farthest north I have ever seen them.

Great fast-food burgers. Once went through a drive-thru in a limo at an In-n-Out in Vegas. Good times.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?