Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10 moves within that makes this team better

10 moves within that makes this team better

Okay you are the GM, what 10 moves would you make within the organization right now to improve this team. you can't make any trades, just move around players you already have. My 5 would be:

1. DFA Edgar
    2. Demote EV
    3. Demote Chapman
    4. Move Leake back into rotation
    5. Recall Jose A and put in pen
    6. Bring rolen off DL
    7. Keep Valikea on roster as your backup infielder
    8. DFA Gomes
    9. Recall Malloney
    10. Leave Fransico in AAA

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 10 moves within that makes this team better

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Okay you are the GM, what 10 moves would you make within the organization right now to improve this team. you can't make any trades, just move around players you already have. My 5 would be:

1. DFA Edgar
    2. Demote EV
    3. Demote Chapman
    6. Bring rolen off DL
    8. DFA Gomes
    9. Recall Malloney
    1. Why DFA Edgar? He's struggled so far in the field, but he hasn't been so bad that I'd want to cut him yet. Also, who would you like to take his place?
    2. I would like to see this happen for a couple starts. It seems like Volquez thinks that he hasn't done his job if he doesn't get a swing and miss. I'd like to see him pitch in a (relatively) meaningless game where he's forced to throw strikes. His stuff is good enough that he'll get outs keeping the ball in the zone.
    4. I'd rather see Leake in Louisville. I think he has a future in the rotation, but I'm not sure he's ready yet. I'm fine with him in for a couple starts, but I'd rather he dominate in AAA and build more confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    1. Why DFA Edgar? He's struggled so far in the field, but he hasn't been so bad that I'd want to cut him yet. Also, who would you like to take his place?
    2. I would like to see this happen for a couple starts. It seems like Volquez thinks that he hasn't done his job if he doesn't get a swing and miss. I'd like to see him pitch in a (relatively) meaningless game where he's forced to throw strikes. His stuff is good enough that he'll get outs keeping the ball in the zone.
    4. I'd rather see Leake in Louisville. I think he has a future in the rotation, but I'm not sure he's ready yet. I'm fine with him in for a couple starts, but I'd rather he dominate in AAA and build more confidence.
    1. Chris Valieka, he plays more positions, is better in the field and can't be anyworse at the plate then Edgar has been.

4. How is Leake not ready for the majors? He gets hitters out, he wins games on the major league level. How would him getting AAA players out 'boost' his confidence?

1. Chris Valieka, he plays more positions, is better in the field and can't be anyworse at the plate then Edgar has been.

4. How is Leake not ready for the majors? He gets hitters out, he wins games on the major league level. How would him getting AAA players out 'boost' his confidence?
    Edgar has a walk off GW hit this season so far. also we dont have any play by the name of Chris Valieka in our system.

Leake's ERA is over 5. that is why he isnt ready for the majors. Id rather keep rolling EV out there then put Leake into the rotation again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss the Baby00 View Post
    Edgar has a walk off GW hit this season so far. also we dont have any play by the name of Chris Valieka in our system.

Leake's ERA is over 5. that is why he isnt ready for the majors. Id rather keep rolling EV out there then put Leake into the rotation again.
    Sorry can't spell Chris's last name but you know whom I am speaking of. And wow you are keeping an old out of shape can't play guy like Edgar because he has 1 GW hit...ouch

How have the Reds done in Leakes games? Also remove the one horrible outing and that ERA goes down. Right now EV can't find the plate, give me a pitcher who is going to keep us in games and last more then 4 innings an outing....

Sorry can't spell Chris's last name but you know whom I am speaking of. And wow you are keeping an old out of shape can't play guy like Edgar because he has 1 GW hit...ouch

How have the Reds done in Leakes games? Also remove the one horrible outing and that ERA goes down. Right now EV can't find the plate, give me a pitcher who is going to keep us in games and last more then 4 innings an outing....
    Leake's ERA is 6.24 since June 10th of 2010. No, you can't take out one of Leake's bad starts to lower his ERA to favor your argument. That is not how it works.

I will make a proposition to you. If the Reds DFA Edgar Renteria before the All- Star game of 2011, I will never post on this forum again. If they keep him past the ASG you never post on this forum again. Deal?

Leake's ERA is 6.24 since June 10th of 2010. No, you can't take out one of Leake's bad starts to lower his ERA to favor your argument. That is not how it works.

I will make a proposition to you. If the Reds DFA Edgar Renteria before the All- Star game of 2011, I will never post on this forum again. If they keep him past the ASG you never post on this forum again. Deal?
    No I said moves I would make. Edgar will be here all season because Walt and Dusty are idiots. Why either one think carrying a useless non team player on the roster over someone like Chris V. who brings so much more to the table is beyond me. To see Edgar play SS is so dam horrible it's not funny, the man can not play anymore and this whole veteran leadership crap that Dusty spews is just that crap. Give me a player who plays incredible D, can play 3 positions (something Edgar refuses to do) and can hit and has a future then it's a no brainer...

you think Leake's ERA is high now, watch as EV and EC raise near 8 with the way they are pitching...

No I said moves I would make. Edgar will be here all season because Walt and Dusty are idiots. Why either one think carrying a useless non team player on the roster over someone like Chris V. who brings so much more to the table is beyond me. To see Edgar play SS is so dam horrible it's not funny, the man can not play anymore and this whole veteran leadership crap that Dusty spews is just that crap. Give me a player who plays incredible D, can play 3 positions (something Edgar refuses to do) and can hit and has a future then it's a no brainer...

you think Leake's ERA is high now, watch as EV and EC raise near 8 with the way they are pitching...
    Who is EC?

I give you stats to back up my arguments and you spew opinions w no facts or evidence to back it up. Baseball is a numbers game. Give me some numbers to back up why you think we should make these ridiculous moves.

I give you stats to back up my arguments and you spew opinions w no facts or evidence to back it up. Baseball is a numbers game. Give me some numbers to back up why you think we should make these ridiculous moves.
    Leake I believe is 3-1
    Chapman has an inning to walk ration like 12/11
    EV last four innings his last outing and before that struggled to get to the 6th and usually had the Reds down by multiple runs before we even hit.
    JFran wont' see playing time

1. DFA Edgar
    2. Demote EV
    3. Demote Chapman
    6. Bring rolen off DL
    8. DFA Gomes
    9. Recall Malloney
    1. Not a chance. A veteran backup with postseason experience and a knack for getting big hits...his age is showing more now that we've been dealing with an abnormal amount of injuries. He's perfect for his natural role on this team.
    2. On the fence here. We're starting a brutal stretch of games without an off day and we can't afford Volquez to be a 4 inning starter. If Price believes there is a mechanical flaw I would be in favor of sending him down for 2-3 starts to change those mechanics.
    3. No. He's had what, 3 or 4 straight bad games? Before that he was lights out. Look at Masset who started the year getting hit all over the place...he settled back into his groove and is as nasty as ever. If this trend continues with Chapman then I will change my mind, but I think we need to give it a little more time.
    4. If 2 happens then yeah I obviously agree. Leake for whatever reason gets a lot of love when he's proven to be about as on or off as Volquez. Sometimes Leake goes out and can hardly get anyone out...only difference is Volquez is walking guys while Leake gets rocked.
    5. Yes
    6. Well I would assume Rolen and the Reds want to have him back in the lineup as soon as possible. He's been injured, when he comes back he's ready.
    7. Nah, not when everyone is healthy.
    8. If Gomes keeps playing this way he's going to work himself out of his job up here.
    9. Ehh...depending on what happens with Volquez I'm not sure. I like Lecure as a long man.
    10. He's proven himself at that level, when he's healthy I'd like to see him get an extended chance. I realize he was bad before the injury but that wasn't a real sample size.

Leake I believe is 3-1
    EV last four innings his last outing and before that struggled to get to the 6th and usually had the Reds down by multiple runs before we even hit.
    WOWOWOW you actually think bringing up win-loss record in a pitching argument is a valid point. That is great stuff.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

1. DFA Edgar
    2. Demote EV
    3. Demote Chapman
    6. Bring rolen off DL
    8. DFA Gomes
    9. Recall Malloney
    1. I wasn't in favor of signing him, but I don't want to DFA him. He hasn't been bad. Probably better than I expected. As long as Dusty plays Janish most of the time, I'm fine ER.
    2. Agree. Demote EV, and tell him when he walks one or less per start and is efficient with his pitches, then he can return to the major league roster.
    3. Agree. Demote Chapman and tell him when he can get the ball over the plate, then he too can return to the majors.
    4. Agree. I don't get the Leake boo-birds.
    5. Agree. Need a reliable bullpen guy.
    6. Agree.
    7. Disagree. Bring Francisco off the DL and play him 2 out of every 7 games. Rolen starts 5, Francisco starts 2 at third base. Need to see what he can do and keep Rolen fresh. Valaika back to Louisville.
    8. I like Jonny as a person and think he is good for clubhouse chemistry. I don't want to DFA him. His contract is up after this year. I just make a rule with Dusty that Gomes is strictly a pinch hitter and he can start once in every 7 games. Heisey and Lewis should be platooning in LF.
    9. Huh? Don't get that move.
    10. Disagree. See #7.

"I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Leake I believe is 3-1
    Volquez is 3-1, as well. So by that logic, why demote Edinson?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    1. Not a chance. A veteran backup with postseason experience and a knack for getting big hits...his age is showing more now that we've been dealing with an abnormal amount of injuries. He's perfect for his natural role on this team.

We have a "veteran" backup his name is Cairo. We need talented players who are willing to do what is in the best interest of the team, not himself.

3. No. He's had what, 3 or 4 straight bad games? Before that he was lights out. Look at Masset who started the year getting hit all over the place...he settled back into his groove and is as nasty as ever. If this trend continues with Chapman then I will change my mind, but I think we need to give it a little more time.

let me ask you this...right now would you feel comfortable in a tight game to bring AC in to pitch? I wouldn't so you leaving him out there to do nothing which is just bad baseball.

7. Nah, not when everyone is healthy.

Why he is younger and better and more versitle then anyone else on the bench

8. If Gomes keeps playing this way he's going to work himself out of his job up here.

I wish you were right, but Gomes will be the everyday LF this season, Dusty I believe has a man crush on him.

Turn Off Ads?