Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 10 moves within that makes this team better

Re: 10 moves within that makes this team better

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Umm false.

1. Absolutely not. The guy is a great clubhouse guy, is clutch as clutch can be and has postseason experience, which if you saw the playoffs last year, this team could use more playersl ike him.

If he is such a "clubhouse" guy then why does he refuse to play 3rd or another other position then SS? Also we have clubhouse guys, why take up a roster spot for that reason?

2. I don't know what to do with him, but you gotta think he's got MAYBE one start left to turn this around.

If I saw improvement I would agree but there hasn't been, let him work out his kinks in AAA where it does no harm.

3. Put him on the DL, don't demote him.

Well they did today, but what is wrong with demoting him, he needs to work on things and you can't do that on the major league level. He is not cut out to be a middle innings bullpen guy, let him begin his move to a quality starter.

9. Absolutely not, he is a less glorified Eric Milton

According to whom? also he would work out of the pen not as a starter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What has Chris V done in limited playing time to prove he deserves a roster spot over 2 time WS champ, WS MVP, widely considered a great teammate, etc, etc

A .278/.304/.407 split in 57 career at-bats? With a whopping 4 career xbh?

No thanks
    He is younger, a much better fielder and can hit. I don't give a rats butt on someone who was on a team that won a world series and did very little to contribute to the overall performance of said team (SF) and wow WS MVP..so what. He is NOT a team player, He can't field his position and he brings nothing to this team that Chris can't do better.

Also if Edgar is so darn "valueable" then why didn't the Giants keep him...I mean really how could they let their WS MVP go if he is so darn good...
    Last edited by brm7675; 05-16-2011 at 06:04 PM.

WHY WOULD JOCKETTY TRADE ENCARNACION FOR ROLEN!?!? ROLEN IS OLD, ENCARNACION IS YOUNGER AND CHEAPER!!!!!

Signed,

brm7675 circa 2009

WHY WOULD JOCKETTY TRADE ENCARNACION FOR ROLEN!?!? ROLEN IS OLD, ENCARNACION IS YOUNGER AND CHEAPER!!!!!

Signed,

brm7675 circa 2009
    Because Rolen is better, just like Chris is better then Edgar AND he is younger and cheaper. Again the idea is to play your best players, Edgar is NOT better then Chris V.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'm starting to think brm and Kingspoint are brothers.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Turn Off Ads?