Turn Off Ads?

Thread: okay so where are the other moves?

okay so where are the other moves?

We activate Rolen and send down Chris V? That's it, that is the total amount of moves? Outside the dumbness of sending Chris down and keeping Edgar on the roster, where is the pitching moves? Do we really expect Dusty to use Chapman this weekend and if not why wasn't he sent down and a pitcher we might use be activated...(hint hint)?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: okay so where are the other moves?

Wow just came across this...

ARREDONDO WATCH: Right-handed reliever Jose Arredondo’s rehab time ran out Tuesday, but the Reds still have not announced a decision on whether he will join the team. Arredondo had a 2.30 ERA in 12 rehab games, including six games at Double-A Carolina and six at Triple-A Louisville.

“He’s not here yet,” Baker said. “Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. I know everybody’s readers want to know when it happens.”

So what gives? Either he is ready or he isn't? Either promote he him up or release him, but this just shows the stupidity sometimes by this franchise.

He said "he's not here yet," not "he's not ready yet." All I think Dusty means is that he hasn't set foot in the stadium yet. He'll probably be up this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    He said "he's not here yet," not "he's not ready yet." All I think Dusty means is that he hasn't set foot in the stadium yet. He'll probably be up this weekend.
    he has had since Tuesday...how is he traveling...by donkey? i mean come on it's Lousiville to Cincy...not Rome to Cincy...

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    he has had since Tuesday...how is he traveling...by donkey? i mean come on it's Lousiville to Cincy...not Rome to Cincy...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    We activate Rolen and send down Chris V? That's it, that is the total amount of moves? Outside the dumbness of sending Chris down and keeping Edgar on the roster, where is the pitching moves? Do we really expect Dusty to use Chapman this weekend and if not why wasn't he sent down and a pitcher we might use be activated...(hint hint)?
    You'd release Renteria to keep Valaika up? That can't be a serious thought.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    You'd release Renteria to keep Valaika up? That can't be a serious thought.
    Renteria had a good game today I would say lol. Not a diss on CV, but Edgar is a great guy to have on our club this year. Chris will have his chance.

Renteria is the defending WS MVP. Has any other current Red ever shown that they can compete and come through at the highest level of baseball? They got no-hit last year in the playoffs. Hitters looked overmatched and intimidated. They should be happy to have Renteria and hope he stays healthy.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like every time that Edgar Renteria is in the game something good happens for us. He is oozing with good karma or something.
    Follow us on Twitter! @Redlegs_Review
    Link to my Reds blog http://redlegsreview.com/

We haven't agreed on many things brm and this is no execptio. I fail to see the good that comes out of releasing Renteria in favor of Valakia. If you value Valakia as a starter for this team someday you want him getting regular at bats in the minor leagues. Renteria is not the future of this team, neither is Cairo, therefore, the ideal bench is filled with inexpensive veterans.

Turn Off Ads?