Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Predictions for the next 2 series

Predictions for the next 2 series

What are you guys/gals predictions for these next couple of 2-game series?

I'm going to predict we take 3 of the 4 games. I'll predict we sweep the Cubs and lose one vs. the Pirates (though if I knew what the Pirates pitching rotation was going to be, I might change my prediction to a sweep). If we have to face Charlie Morton again, I think we stand a good chance at losing that game. I have not looked up what he has done in his past few games, but I know he was pitching awfully good last time I heard and he OWNED us that windy Friday night opener of the 4-game Pirates series. He seems to have corrected his mechanics (pitching almost just like, wind-up/release-point wise as Doc Halliday).

Of course, the game tonight vs. Zambrano isn't going to be a cake-walk by any means. Zambrano is a pretty solid pitcher in his own right. But (IIRC we're starting Homer tonight, correct?), I think Bailey will cont. his dominance, our bats will stay hot and we'll beat him.

So that's my prediction....sweep the Cubs and take 1 of the 2 vs. the Pirates. Though it sure won't hurt my feelings any if I end up being wrong and we sweep both series!

What say you folks?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Predictions for the next 2 series

Monday: Zambrano vs Bailey (W)
    Tuesday: Garza vs Volquez (W)
    Wednesday: McDonald vs Arroyo (W)
    Thursday: Karstens vs Cueto (W)
    Friday: White vs Wood (W)
    Saturday: Tomlin vs Bailey (L)

That's what I think on the week, think we should go 5-1, sweeping the Cubs and Pirates, losing 1 to the Indians (Tomlin is having a great year and I think it'll be time for Bailey's first loss).

I thnk they split the Cubs series with Cubs. They win tonight and lose tomorrow. Volqez is just a wild card. He could come out and throw a great game or he could walk 6 and give up 5 earned runs. I think they take both from the Pirates. I think it's pretty much imperative that they get 3 more on this homestand. They have a killer 10 game road trip coming against Cleveland,Philly, and Atlanta. They need to help themselves and go into that trip on a strong winning note and hopefully gain a game or 2 on the Cards before that trip. Also after that trip they come home on the next day and start a series with the Brewers.
    Last edited by SidneySlicker; 05-16-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Home this week-take 3 of 4

AWay for the 10 games, we'll more than likely go 4-6, but I would not at all be disappointed with 5-5 and would be celebrating with 6-4, anything after that I would have a heart attack because of youthful enthusiasm!

Turn Off Ads?