3B Rolen
    LF Gomes
    C Hanigan
    P Bailey

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 5-16-11 Cubs @ Reds

Ugh Gomes...

You've got to play the matchups. Gomes is a 1.000 career hitter against Zambrano.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    You've got to play the matchups. Gomes is a 1.000 career hitter against Zambrano.
    Lol I didn't know that, maybe this will wake his bat up then.

Yes. Gomes is 1 for 1 against Zambrano. I'd put more weight on that .186 season batting average. Dusty is a fool.

Hernandez is the hottest hitter in the league and gets the day off lol
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    Hernandez is the hottest hitter in the league and gets the day off lol
    Maybe Hernandez is hot because he is fresh since he doesn't have to catch everyday????

Non hitting LF and a non fielding SS...yep love the lineup...

I am beginning to agree that Dusty is a fool.

It's even funnier that Gomes is in the lineup based on the fact that Lewis has already proven he deserves more PT than Gomes as well

Apparently Gomes is sans mohawk now, so maybe his luck will change?

I know that some here have an ill-informed opinion of Renteria and Dusty. Fact is, though, that Dusty has done a great job getting people their due time and AB's. They are going to need all 25 to win the division and it does no one a lick of good to ride the pine for days and weeks at a time.

Renteria is in there tonight to spell Janish who is still coming back from that ankle. As for Gomes, he is going to continue to get chances and what better time to do that than when those around him can pick him up since the offense is going good at the moment.

The glass is 1/3 full....

Does anyone know if the game is on Fox Sports Ohio tonight?

I'm getting mixed info...
    The Crimson Crusader....knows...!
    ...heh heh heh heh...

"Why does everybody stand up and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"
    ...when they're already there?"

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    I know that some here have an ill-informed opinion of Renteria and Dusty. Fact is, though, that Dusty has done a great job getting people their due time and AB's. They are going to need all 25 to win the division and it does no one a lick of good to ride the pine for days and weeks at a time.

Renteria is in there tonight to spell Janish who is still coming back from that ankle. As for Gomes, he is going to continue to get chances and what better time to do that than when those around him can pick him up since the offense is going good at the moment.
    the objective of the game is to win. You do that by playing the best possible players you have. Unless Janish is physically unable to play, having Edgar at SS is a HUGE downgrade and does not help your chances of winning. Unless Lewis or Heisey are unable to play there is no reason in HECK that Gomes should even be wearing a Reds uniform at this point. Gomes shouldn't be on the pines, he should be told nicely...SEE Ya..

When Fransisco is finished rehabbing (playing well in Louisville right now) you gotta wonder who goes to make room for him.

At this point you would think it'll be an OF'er and of the ones we can run out there, Gomes is the worst. I think we're hoping he can get out of his slump because even if he plays to his baseball card I think we'll accept that production.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

According to the team website the game is on FSOhio.

Turn Off Ads?