Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 5-16-11 Cubs @ Reds

The glass is 1/3 full....

Re: 5-16-11 Cubs @ Reds

Reds wave!!:keep the wave goinglet's go reds!lets go !let's go reds!lets go!..beat em down cincinnati reds!!!! reds wave!!:keep the wave goinglet's go reds!lets go !let's go reds!lets go!..beat em down cincinnati reds !!!!
    The Crimson Crusader....knows...!
    ...heh heh heh heh...

"Why does everybody stand up and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"
    ...when they're already there?"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The glass is 1/3 full....

Good win, Gentlemen...let's do it again tomorrow, shall we?

Crimson Crusader OUT!!!!
    The Crimson Crusader....knows...!
    ...heh heh heh heh...

"Why does everybody stand up and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"
    ...when they're already there?"

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCrusader View Post
    Good win, Gentlemen...let's do it again tomorrow, shall we?

Crimson Crusader OUT!!!!
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Non hitting LF and a non fielding SS...yep love the lineup...
    You were saying?

As long as Dusty is here, there will be a segment of the fanbase that believes this team is winning in spite of him. Then, when we start to lose, it will be his fault rather than the team's. That's just how a lot of people feel about him.

I'm not one of those people. I don't think he is an amazing manager, but I will readily concede that the guy knows more about the game of baseball and managing than I do, and I largely yield to his discretion because of that. However, sports draw a passion from people and baseball is the ultimate game of second-guessing. EVERY single move can be questioned. Hindsight truly is 20/20. Not that I feel bad for Dusty, I'm sure he understands that's part of the job and he's paid well to take the heat.

I do think some people need to give the guy some credit every now and then, though. Say whatever you want about his lineups or his in-game decisions, he's gotten this team to play hard and play well the past two years. They win the hustle game against every team they play, they are generally smart running the bases and they play good, fundamental baseball.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Loved it. Great win. 7 over. Pitching has been nails, Rolen is in the lineup and Stubbs has reached base multiple times in 9 straight games. If he does that with Votto and Phillips behind him he'll score a lot of runs this year.

Turn Off Ads?