Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did Duncan say?

What did Duncan say?

I've seen a couple of renditions of what Duncan was yelling after the game on Sunday.

"We'll hit you in the f...ng head!"

Or,

"Fag...t hair!" -- referring to the way Cueto wears his hair.

From the clips I saw, the way Duncan was gesturing to his head suggests it was the latter. If that's true, it really makes me wonder about Duncan and the leadership that team has had, because Cueto had done absolutely nothing but walk onto the field to congratulate his teammates.

Anybody have a real good read on what DD said?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What did Duncan say?

You mean Dave Duncan who had long blonde hair in the early 70's on the Indians??

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I believe you can clearly hear him say "we surrender and I am a puss".

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I've seen a couple of renditions of what Duncan was yelling after the game on Sunday.

Or,

From the clips I saw, the way Duncan was gesturing to his head suggests it was the latter. If that's true, it really makes me wonder about Duncan and the leadership that team has had, because Cueto had done absolutely nothing but walk onto the field to congratulate his teammates.

I think it was the former but we live in a such a society now that ESPN blurs his mouth when they show replays of it...

I think it was the former but we live in a such a society now that ESPN blurs his mouth when they show replays of it...
    Is that true? They've intentionally obscured what he's saying?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I believe you can clearly hear him say "we surrender and I am a puss".
    Or maybe it was Gene Tenace stole my mojo?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    How stupid is that? It's like the blurring of the finger when "the bird" gesture is made.

It's a finger...for crissakes.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Or,

I went back and watched the replay a few times. I'm pretty certain he was yelling, "Get the f... out of here!" to Cordero, which can look like the bolded above if you're trying to read lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I went back and watched the replay a few times. I'm pretty certain he was yelling, "Get the f... out of here!" to Cordero, which can look like the bolded above if you're trying to read lips.
    He was yelling at Cordero while pointing to his own head. I think he was saying we're going to hit you in the ...head. Now Coco was yelling back telling him to get the ...out of here.

And yes replays on TV do have the mouth blurred. Sad isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He was yelling at Cordero while pointing to his own head. I think he was saying we're going to hit you in the ...head. Now Coco was yelling back telling him to get the ...out of here.
    It's tough to describe, but Duncan was angrily grabbing at the area around his ear and yelling at Cordero, and then right after that yelled "Get the [...] out of here". I'm guessing he took exception to the fact that the ball that hit Pujols did come pretty close to his head, and that's what Duncan was referring to when he was grabbing his ear/pointing to his head.

If it was the "we'll hit you in the head" threat, it's obviously being directed at the Reds in general. Hard to imagine a scenario where a Cardinals pitcher would get an opportunity to throw at Coco.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    That's what I thought he was saying too. Although I'm not usually a good lip reader.
    Yes ESPN does blur out mouths when they are yelling curse words. They did it back in the winter when John Calipari was telling Terrence Jones what a nice young man he is.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Can anyone post a link? I'm curious to see the gesture Duncan uses -- my impression was that he was trying to indicate "long hair" and directing his opinion about it to Cueto, who was standing with Cordero.

Not sure it makes much sense for him to be yelling at Reds to "get outta here," since it's the Reds' field and they were just beginning their post-game congrats.

Not sure it makes much sense for him to be yelling at Reds to "get outta here," since it's the Reds' field and they were just beginning their post-game congrats.
    Well, I'm sure he didn't mean for the Reds to literally pack their stuff and vacate the premises. It was meant more as You gotta be kidding me.

Sorry I don't have a link, but the region Duncan was pointing to on his head is almost the exact spot Cordero's pitch hit Pujols (I know it hit him in the wrist, but his wrist was behind his head, right next to his ear). It would also explain why Duncan, Laird, et. al. were so indignant -- it's not so much they thought Cordero hit Pujols on purpose, but that it was so close to his head.

I saw someone link to a cardinal message board that a cardinals fan sitting behind the dugout confirmed that Duncan said "well hit you in the f'n head!" about ten times. Ill see if I can find it.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?