Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 NBA Draft Thread

Re: 2011 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    If the Pacers get Rubio, #2nd pick, and Beasley for Granger, he is the greatest GM of all time.
    Amen.

In Houston there is a rumor that Luis Scola plus other assorted goodies may be heading up north for the number 2 pick.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    No chance that would happen.

I would like to see us try to swoop Paul George though from Indy + #15 + their first round pick next year for the #2 pick though
    There's as little chance of that as there is the pacers getting #2, beasley and rubio.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    No chance that would happen.

I would like to see us try to swoop Paul George though from Indy + #15 + their first round pick next year for the #2 pick though
    The Pacers are in love with Paul George to the point that he is probably the hardest guy to pry away from them. They probably view him as more valuable than the #2 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    The Pacers are in love with Paul George to the point that he is probably the hardest guy to pry away from them. They probably view him as more valuable than the #2 pick.
    +1

I'm not sure if they feel that George > Williams, but I bet it is close... definitely not 2 1st Rd picks difference.

Probably right. Unfortunately

Looks like Cleveland offered Memphis #4 and part of their $14 mil trade exception for Rudy Gay and was turned down

Not a Pacers fan, but I love the Kawhi Leonard pick. Him falling that far is a huge break form them IMO.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Not a Pacers fan, but I love the Kawhi Leonard pick. Him falling that far is a huge break form them IMO.
    Leonard is reportedly headed to the Spurs for George Hill.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Good trade IMO. George Hill will be a nice spark plug off the bench at the 1 and 2. I liked getting Leonard at 15 but hated that it was ANOTHER small forward.

3bler to Portland. Didn't think he'd actually get picked, so that's nice to see.

The analysis of the Lakers last pick has been entertaining. You don't see many guys who average 0.7 ppg in the D-League get drafted.

And now "the best player ever to come out of the professional league in Qatar" comes off the board. I think the video of him came off a webcam. The end of the second round is so much fun!
    Last edited by Danny Serafini; 06-23-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    3bler to Portland. Didn't think he'd actually get picked, so that's nice to see.
    He actually has a legitimate chance to make the team because Portland lacks outside shooters which they badly need.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Good trade IMO. George Hill will be a nice spark plug off the bench at the 1 and 2. I liked getting Leonard at 15 but hated that it was ANOTHER small forward.
    Pacers gave up a lot to get Hill. Spurs took home 5 players from this draft, which is very unlike them. GM RC Buford says they're not done making changes to the roster.

BTW, George Hill is NOT happy with this move. I believe the newspaper described him as "devastated" by it. His best Spurs' buddy DeJuan Blair posted some angry things on Twitter about it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Pacers gave up a lot to get Hill. Spurs took home 5 players from this draft, which is very unlike them. GM RC Buford says they're not done making changes to the roster.

BTW, George Hill is NOT happy with this move. I believe the newspaper described him as "devastated" by it. His best Spurs' buddy DeJuan Blair posted some angry things on Twitter about it, too.
    Not happy about coming home? Hopefully he'll come around. THe Pacers have a lot of good young talent that forms the nucleus of a 1st or 2nd round playoff exit team. Hopefully they can strike it rich and get lucky with someone in free agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post

That was one San Antonio article that took things way out of context. Everything else out there, including Hill's twitter does not mention him being devastated.

Turn Off Ads?