Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 NBA Draft Thread

2011 NBA Draft Thread

Looks like the Cavs benefited from the Baron Davis trade.

Lottery:

1. Cleveland

2. Minnesota.

3. Utah.

4. Cleveland.

5. Toronto.

6. Washington.

7. Sacramento.

8. Detroit.

9. Charlotte.

10. Milwaukee.

11. Golden State.

12. Utah.

13. Phoenix.

14. Houston.

If I were the Cavs, given two first round picks, I would take Derrick Williams or even Enes Kanter over Kyrie Irving with possible consideration for Brandon Knight at no 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2011 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Looks like the Cavs benefited from the Baron Davis trade.

Lottery:

1. Cleveland

2. Minnesota.

3. Utah.

4. Cleveland.

5. Toronto.

6. Washington.

7. Sacramento.

8. Detroit.

9. Charlotte.

10. Milwaukee.

11. Golden State.

12. Utah.

13. Phoenix.

14. Houston.

If I were the Cavs, given two first round picks, I would take Derrick Williams or even Enes Kanter over Kyrie Irving with possible consideration for Brandon Knight at no 4.
    Short of Utah falling in love with one of the international forwards or Walker there is no chance of Knight falling past 3. I believe Kanter has a better chance at being there at 4 than Knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Short of Utah falling in love with one of the international forwards or Walker there is no chance of Knight falling past 3. I believe Kanter has a better chance at being there at 4 than Knight.
    Never really thought about Knight going 3rd to Utah, but a lot of ESPN talking heads are saying it now. Knight over Enes is interesting for the Jazz, but given the Deron Williams saga its easy to see why.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

1. Cleveland Kyrie Irving
    Solves the PG and scoring problems for a team that needs both.

2. Minnesota Derrick Williams
    Probably the best scorer in the draft and ready physically for the NBA right now.

3. Utah Jonas Valanciunas
    Foreign centers are a crapshoot, but he's apparently got the goods. Makes Utah really interesting everywhere but PG.

4. Cleveland Enes Kanter
    Whichever center is available between the big Serb and Kanter is the Cavs' choice, IMO. Expect 15/10 from him as a starter. Big upside, too.

5. Toronto Brandon Knight
    A good shooter and decent ballhandler who won't be asked to do too much his first year. Might also go with Kemba Walker here.

6. Washington Bismack Biyombo
    Athletic freak who scored a triple double at high school All Star game against the best competition of that level. Can play behind Blatche, Lewis, and McGee while learning the ropes.

7. Sacramento Marcus Morris
    May look to deal Cousins to move up, as he's not exactly endeared himself to the team. Morris gives team another big body to not throw the ball to.

8. Detroit Kemba Walker
    Too far for him to slip, but no one above is in need of a 6'0" combo guard. Can shoot, defend, and drive. Will put up good numbers. Stuckey can move to SG.

9. Charlotte Jan Vesely
    He's tall and can shoot fairly well, but the intriguing thing about Vesely is his penchant for posterizing opponents.

10. Milwaukee Tobias Harris
    Young but talented young Vol may be a steal or a bust. (Duh.) He's a nice piece as SF or SG behind Redd and Salmons.
    Last edited by Scrap Irony; 05-17-2011 at 10:16 PM.

1.Cleveland: Kyrie Irving

Nice building block for a team that needs it.

2.Minnesota: Derrick Williams

Williams gives them a top wing presence and combined with Kevin Love this will help the TWolves take it to the next level.

3.Washington (from Utah): Enes Kanter

The Wizards want Kanter and its pretty well documented. Utah is the one team that can afford to move around and I don't see them holding this pick.

4.Cleveland: Jonas Valenciunas

If the Cavs miss on Kanter, they will take the next best thing. Valenciunas and Irving will be a nice nucleus to build on.

5.Toronto: Jan Vesely

Toronto could opt for Knight here, but replacing Bosh on the inside is equally as pressing. Vesely and Bargnani on the inside could be a nice tandem.

6.Utah (from Washington): Brandon Knight

Utah takes a risk in moving back but they get a PG for the future. Knight will have some big shoes to fill in Deron Williams but will be a much better team player.

7.Sacramento: Kemba Walker

I think the Kings would rather have Knight, but Kemba teamed with Tyreke and Cousins would be a nice way to start in Sacramento or a City to Be Named Later.

8.Detroit: Kawhi Leonard

Thought about Alec Burks here, but Leonard makes sense with Tayshaun and McGrady on the way out.

9.Charlotte: Bismack Biyombo

Someone who I believe could be an impact player in a couple of seasons. This guy is raw but could have a significant impact somewhere down the road.

10.Milwaukee: Alec Burks

A nice combo guard to team up with Brandon Jennings.

11.Golden State: Marcus Morris
    12.Utah: Jimmer Fredette
    13.Phoenix: Donatas Motiejunas
    14.Houston: Kenneth Faried

As a Twolves fan, I just have to smirk at how rigged this system is.

That being said, I don't see us taking Derrick Williams as we already have Wes Johnson/Beasley/Anthony Randolph/Kevin love at the 3-4 positions.

My guess = Trade down or we will take Kanter

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Less rigged now than it used to be, I remember the 84-85 lottery when the Knicks got the top pick and their envelope was dog earred.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Less rigged now than it used to be, I remember the 84-85 lottery when the Knicks got the top pick and their envelope was dog earred.
    C'mon, we know it was frozen, not dog earred.

Sorry for you Cavs fans that you have these picks in such a down year for collegiate talent.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post

That being said, I don't see us taking Derrick Williams as we already have Wes Johnson/Beasley/Anthony Randolph/Kevin love at the 3-4 positions.

My guess = Trade down or we will take Kanter
    Another possibility would be Knight, and I could see him being an off guard if Rubio decides to come to the States. Flynn hasn't lived up to expectations and a Rubio-Knight backcourt could be pretty exciting.

I think its ultimately Williams though. There are really only two top players in this draft, and if you have a chance to get one of those players, you make it work. Johnson can play SG and Beasley/Randolph are not long term solutions. A big three of Wesley Johnson, Derrick Williams, and Kevin Love would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

Sorry for you Cavs fans that you have these picks in such a down year for collegiate talent.
    I hate to say it, but the Cavs are losers by default.

This is such a weak draft that the LA Clippers punted the no 1 overall pick. The Cavs are likely getting two players who could be nice pieces, but nobody who is going to make them a playoff contender anytime soon. Not to mention the money you are sinking into these two players.

That being said, is there a more inept NBA owner than Dan Gilbert? I'd say Donald Sterling but Gilbert has that distinction right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    6.Utah (from Washington): Brandon Knight

Utah takes a risk in moving back but they get a PG for the future. Knight will have some big shoes to fill in Deron Williams but will be a much better team player.
    I'm kind of curious as to how Brandon Knight will be a much better team player than Deron Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Correction, Frozen and Dog earred. They wanted to make it fool proof. I am not a conspiracy guy but I am an NBA conspiracy guy.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I'm kind of curious as to how Brandon Knight will be a much better team player than Deron Williams.
    Knight is coachable. Deron Williams ran off a pretty popular HOF coach while in Utah who had been there since the late 1980s. If it comes to character, I'll take Knight every time.

The rumor I've heard is that Minnesota would like to trade the #2 pick for a veteran, with Indiana's Danny Granger among the names mentioned. The version making the rounds is the pick and Beasley for Granger; some even have Rubio involved.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

If the Pacers get Rubio, #2nd pick, and Beasley for Granger, he is the greatest GM of all time.

No chance that would happen.

I would like to see us try to swoop Paul George though from Indy + #15 + their first round pick next year for the #2 pick though

Turn Off Ads?